Any Companies make a sump with a frag rack?

atomic081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

I'm helping a few friends in the hobby plan upcoming tanks. I'm recommending they both get a 180-220g 6ftx2ft tank. I think this is the best overall non custom big tank footprint. The footprint should allow for a nice big spacious sump to work in. I was hoping to find a company that makes a sump that includes a area for a frag setup. Nothing huge, but a 18"x18" area with a rack and a Kessil over it would really be a nice addition.

The other option would be to use the refugium space for a frag setup and purchase a nice algae reactor. I've heard very good things about them.

Any suggestions for a sump that has a frag setup? I've checked bashsea, trigger, Eshopps, and a few others with no luck!

Thanks

Hasted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ProClear Red Flex 4 in 1 (i think thats what they are called) sumps have a section where you can have frags. It comes with a nice acrylic plate with a number of rows cut out specifically for corals to sit it. Has two different pegs you can use to have the rack closer or further away. I do not think it is quite as large as you want, though (8" x 11"). This section is designed to do 1 of 4 things (hence the 4in1 name) which is like Refugium, frag, wet/dry, or something else that I forget.

With that being said, you can do just this in a number of different sumps. I have seen it on a few builds.

20210215_075819.jpg

Red Flex 4in1 200 under a 48x24x16 80g tank. My rack is just holding a bio brick until I use this tank.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back