Any DIY skimmer timers out there?

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a RO SSS110 and I've been trying to find some type of outlet timer to make feedings/maintenance easier without owning an APEX. Upgrading the skimmer with a controller is not an option as I'm limited in space.

The problem I'm finding is, all timers are set to a specific time on/off or it works in reverse to my needs. I'd like to pause power for 45min and not have to watch my sump level in order to power on the skimmer.

Anyone using a timer that I could plug into a power strip?

Here is a picture where I'd like to connect a timer (the outlet that is off is for the skimmer).

Tyvm!

20181110_212503.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
West1

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What I might do is buy something similar to this so it fits in the power strip and I'll activate every button (press in) and have 2 of them popped up. When I need to turn the skimmer off, ill move the dial to the popped up buttons.

What I dont like is the skimmer will shutoff once a day instead of when I randomly read and maintenance the tank.

Again, this will be last resort but ill wait to see if anyone has better options :)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015ZITVJW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_x-75BbTYH6PZR

stephenhall1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same question. Did you ever find a solution?

@West1
For a standard plug timer, you could use this type:

Pull out the red off tabs, leave the green on tabs. Use the little dial (top left) to manually turn off power, then adjust big dial to set time for it to turn back on.

I'm looking for a more elegant solution, without using smart plugs or aquarium controllers.

Back