Any experience using Prazi Gold?

ssunthar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Experts,
Noticed white oval parasites on fishes in the tank and after researching I gone ahead to use Prazi Gold.
20210728_120411.jpg

Am following the dosing program on day 1, 3, 5, 7 & 14 (day 14 is especially for the larvae that might hatch from egg). As recommended I turned off the skimmer and removed the active carbon during the treatment period. Was warned that it will kill all worms as well so, I removed my tube anemone from this tank.

Noticed that all parasites dropped by end of day 1, I just past 2nd dosage (day 3). Fishes are generally fine only the water look a little cloudy. Any experience using Prazi Gold? Anything else I need to know and take note of?

Thanks.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Experts,
Noticed white oval parasites on fishes in the tank and after researching I gone ahead to use Prazi Gold.
20210728_120411.jpg

Am following the dosing program on day 1, 3, 5, 7 & 14 (day 14 is especially for the larvae that might hatch from egg). As recommended I turned off the skimmer and removed the active carbon during the treatment period. Was warned that it will kill all worms as well so, I removed my tube anemone from this tank.

Noticed that all parasites dropped by end of day 1, I just past 2nd dosage (day 3). Fishes are generally fine only the water look a little cloudy. Any experience using Prazi Gold? Anything else I need to know and take note of?

Thanks.

I've not used it, I wonder if it isn't available in the US? It seems similar to our prazipro. Do you know, do they list the prazi concentration and what solvent they use?

Prazi is usually dissolved in an alcohol or glycol. This in turn can cause a bacterial bloom which depletes oxygen in the water. You'll want to increase aeration when dosing this, and leave your skimmer running, just don't collect any skimmate.

Jay

OP
OP
ssunthar

ssunthar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've not used it, I wonder if it isn't available in the US? It seems similar to our prazipro. Do you know, do they list the prazi concentration and what solvent they use?

Prazi is usually dissolved in an alcohol or glycol. This in turn can cause a bacterial bloom which depletes oxygen in the water. You'll want to increase aeration when dosing this, and leave your skimmer running, just don't collect any skimmate.

Jay
Thanks for the suggestions Jay, will find out the prazi concentration for you. Regards.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 72 42.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%

Back