Any experience with Autin Aqua Farms?

Jorda320

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone has bought from Austin Aquatic Farms before? I noticed they were supplying BRS for their new tank build and thought I would take a look at their website. Anytime I see corals that are 50% cheaper than other places I usually wonder about quality. Specifically some of the rainbow Australia Acan Lords. I noticed a really nice one at Vivid corals for about $120 however Austin Aquatics has very similar ones that range from $38 to $60. I'm thinking this is one of those too good to be true situations but I figured I'd ask here before I actually buy anything. Any thoughts or experiences?

Almondkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have made a couple of purchases from Austin Aqua Farms and have been very pleased. Great communication and the purchases (Acans) have been excellent. They are one of my go to coral dealers online, the other being Cornbread Corals.

Gaze

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems like they are really just selling corals rather than naming it and upcharging ridiculous prices on them. They’re open only on Saturday so it would make a sweet weekend day trip up there to check out the facility..

OP
OP
J

Jorda320

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems like they are really just selling corals rather than naming it and upcharging ridiculous prices on them. They’re open only on Saturday so it would make a sweet weekend day trip up there to check out the facility..

I would love to tour coral facilities before I buy however I live in north east Pa and outside of petco/petsmart we have no local LFS or coral sellers. Anyway, as long as the corals are legit and priced as good as these are I think might try them out. Ill post pics when they come in. Thanks!

Last edited:

Gaze

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow,

I would love to tour coral facilities before I buy however I live in north east Pa and outside of petco/petsmart we have no local LFS or coral sellers. Anyway, as long as the corals are legit and priced as good as these are I think might try them out. Ill post pics when they come in. Thanks!

Yes please send pictures, I’ve yet to get anything from them but their LPS always good top notch

mtfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are a good company and have been around a long time. Back in a previous lifetime him and Gary worked out of the same shop.

Kryssie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been to their facility once and I loved it. They’re very quick to answer even the newbiest questions and their corals are beautiful.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back