Any experience with hinterfield shark led lighting??

AnotherReefHobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a new 22 gallon long pinensula tank soon, and am narrowing my options down as far as lighting. I am seriously thinking about 2 noopshye k7 pros ( gen 2 ) but I don’t like that they aren’t app controlled, and I came across This light. It seems pretty great, but there is literally nothing out there about it, and I don’t know if the light even compares to noopshye, what are your guyses thoughts??

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noopsyche control is a massive PITA. I have one , and it took it down. Two will be too much. I'd suggest go with radeon or prime or a360. My personal favourite is kessil a360. The light you mentioned looks ok (in terms of strength and spectrum), but I don't know about the other things (app, controllability etc). It might have disco effect since the LEDs are further apart. You are looking at 3-5 watts per gallon and 460nm range.

OP
OP
AnotherReefHobbyist

AnotherReefHobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noopsyche control is a massive PITA. I have one , and it took it down. Two will be too much. I'd suggest go with radeon or prime or a360. My personal favourite is kessil a360. The light you mentioned looks ok (in terms of strength and spectrum), but I don't know about the other things (app, controllability etc). It might have disco effect since the LEDs are further apart. You are looking at 3-5 watts per gallon and 460nm range.
Thanks for the response, I am a bit hesitant about noopshye for the control reason, and the disco balling you mentioned seems to be a real problem, so looks like I am back on the hunt! ( the tank is 36” long so I would almost definitely need two lights, hence kessil and ration being a bit out of price )

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response, I am a bit hesitant about noopshye for the control reason, and the disco balling you mentioned seems to be a real problem, so looks like I am back on the hunt! ( the tank is 36” long so I would almost definitely need two lights, hence kessil and ration being a bit out of price )
Two a160? its bit expensive :-/

OP
OP
AnotherReefHobbyist

AnotherReefHobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two a160? its bit expensive :-/
Ooh, now that’s something to look into..... any chance I could start out with one, and only place corals near the middle, and then add a second one later? ( I am a teen, not making that much money, trust me if I were a grown a** adult I would walk out and buy myself a ration with two kessils )

Protodad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a new 22 gallon long pinensula tank soon, and am narrowing my options down as far as lighting. I am seriously thinking about 2 noopshye k7 pros ( gen 2 ) but I don’t like that they aren’t app controlled, and I came across This light. It seems pretty great, but there is literally nothing out there about it, and I don’t know if the light even compares to noopshye, what are your guyses thoughts??
With some shopping, I got two a360we and mounts for less than two of the k2s. Used of course, but a worthy reference point

Protodad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to hunt but I set an alert for all things kessil on OfferUp (I’m sure FB marketplace could do the same) and was prepared to drive. I think I picked them up at 9pm on a weekday about 1.5 hours away. They go fast when priced low.

OP
OP
AnotherReefHobbyist

AnotherReefHobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to hunt but I set an alert for all things kessil on OfferUp (I’m sure FB marketplace could do the same) and was prepared to drive. I think I picked them up at 9pm on a weekday about 1.5 hours away. They go fast when priced low.
offerup is my place too! I am going there now to see if i can set up an alert.....

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back