BRS

James5214

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hey I've been looking at this nicrew light for my tank so I can start growing some corals. Does anybody have any experience with this light? Was thinking of getting the controller for it so I can do ramp up and down and change intensity on light channels.

Screenshot_2022-05-14-01-59-31-098.jpg

Coral Mania
OP
J

James5214

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Holy cow look at that coral in your tank!! I'm about to be sold. I would love to have radions or primes but this is first tank and alot is all learning curve and it's a budget build so I didn't want to go expensive on lights since I'm only going to be growing softies to start out.

Top Shelf Aquatics

CookieRdReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Holy cow look at that coral in your tank!! I'm about to be sold. I would love to have radions or primes but this is first tank and alot is all learning curve and it's a budget build so I didn't want to go expensive on lights since I'm only going to be growing softies to start out.
They grow softies. They are not controllable like expensive lights so I use smart plugs for them. They dont ramp up or down but that isnt necessary for coral growth.

OP
J

James5214

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Thw nicrew has a car ntroller sold separately it has 6 programming settings and ability the ramp up and down it's new it's just came out it's a remote from nicrew. But I will check out the other ligh you suggested. But yes this is my first saltwater tank so I'm still learning a lot like I said I don't need a very fancy light with all the whistles and bells as all I'm trying to accomplish for right now is to grow some softies and easy corals like that maybe some zoas but nothing in the SPs or LPS category yet

jpark457

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have one of the 150s over my tank, it’s growing a mix of corals including SPS fairly well in a 34 g tank. I only have it turned up to peak at I think 30% now and am gradually increasing. The controller works decently and does ramp up and down in intensity. I was worried they would be loud with the fans but have never heard them. My only real knock is that the ramp up and down turns to on from off a little abruptly? Like it goes by 1% increments and 1% from off visually is clearly it just turning on. I am likely going to get more of these whenever I move up to a bigger tank, I’m really happy with them especially at the price they are

OP
J

James5214

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Yes from all the reviews I have seen and from a few.on here they seem like a reliable light source for a good affordable price where I would like radions or primes.but it's 250$ for just light not arm mount included and as I said I'm new to salt so I'm doing a budget build as I still have alot to learn and I will be doing pretty hardy beginner corals

BRS

How many different food items do you feed your fish?

• Only one food

Votes: 18 5.2%
  • 2 Foods

Votes: 33 9.5%
  • 3 Foods

Votes: 86 24.7%
  • 4 Foods

Votes: 51 14.7%
  • 5+ Different Foods

Votes: 124 35.6%
  • 10+ Different Foods

Votes: 36 10.3%