ANY FRAG SWAPS IN THE VALLEY? Valley Reefers Lets Create one.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if anyone is interested in a valley frag swap?
I'm still new to this, but would love to be able to swap one day.
Any luck?
same here.. im in simi valley.. i got a lot of easy sps, lps overgrowing in my tank. happy to swap/give away to near by reefers
I'm in the valley as well, but it seems like the majority of the reefers are located on the opposite end of SoCal. I'd be interested in joining a SFV club.
Have some gsp Frags if anyone want trade for something els.. also looking for chaeto with pods..
I’m in sylmar sfv.
I live in the SFV and would be interested in trading frags. Just cycling my tank now though so might be a little time.

I feel like everyone here wants to but it never gets off the ground.

Anyone here have a line in with the gang at Vivid or Marks Tropical Fish in NoHo?

I'm sure an LFS would be willing to host the first couple meetings if someone asked one of the owners, then we could move it to a different location or something.
I kinda have a few ideas, but nothing will really work until we can congregate :\
Would be cool to get a club/group going once all this covid business gets resolved. Always happy to see fellow sfvr reefers.
Super into this, Not quite in sfv, 57/210 freeway but nothing is too far in LA! Working on stuff to trade but would love to be apart of an active local reef community

Hi All, the afternoon of June 12th, I'm going to be hosting a BBQ/frag swap at my home in Simi valley. So far have about 10 rsvp's and I'll have multiple tanks set up for the swap.

This will be a BBQ and frag swap for the purpose of meeting local reefers, getting to know each other and Trading the fruits of our labor.

I've tagged everyone from this thread, please shoot me a DM if you would like to attend. The more, the merrier.

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, the afternoon of June 12th, I'm going to be hosting a BBQ/frag swap at my home in Simi valley. So far have about 10 rsvp's and I'll have multiple tanks set up for the swap.

This will be a BBQ and frag swap for the purpose of meeting local reefers, getting to know each other and Trading the fruits of our labor.

I've tagged everyone from this thread, please shoot me a DM if you would like to attend. The more, the merrier.
I literally just moved in January to WA! this would've been great!

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Indiana will be there! Can't wait to meet you all!

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on getting out of the craziness!
Every city has their own "brand" of crazy. Seattle's no exception haha. But Definitely volume wise, there's way LESS crazy than los angeles.

In 4 or 5 years I may be dual state. CA will always be my home.

shootingstar_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok. let's see what we can do - this isn't going to be a frag swap, more of a meet-n-greet, but let's see who shows and we can maybe talk about getting some stuff off the ground:

@minus9 @RussiReef

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ok. let's see what we can do - this isn't going to be a frag swap, more of a meet-n-greet, but let's see who shows and we can maybe talk about getting some stuff off the ground:

@minus9 @RussiReef
I'm down for a meet up. Also, I've been talking with a few local reefers and I think we're going to start a reef club based in the valley. I talked with Elliot @GoldenStateCorals and he's willing to host events and meetings at his place, kinda like after hours get together, etc Hopefully we can get this started soon and have a really productive and active group.

shootingstar_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm down for a meet up. Also, I've been talking with a few local reefers and I think we're going to start a reef club based in the valley. I talked with Elliot @GoldenStateCorals and he's willing to host events and meetings at his place, kinda like after hours get together, etc Hopefully we can get this started soon and have a really productive and active group.
Nice. I had talked to James too, and vivid is also willing to host. I put up that doodle poll so we can schedule something

shootingstar_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any other takers? :)
Of course!! I want to see if anyone would want to do some trades for my euphillyas that’s why it’s a good thing

would be good to get a club going anyone know why the first one died

I live in the SFV and would be interested in trading frags. Just cycling my tank now though so might be a little time.

Have some gsp Frags if anyone want trade for something els.. also looking for chaeto with pods..
I’m in sylmar sfv.

Any new clubs out there ?

I'm in the valley as well, but it seems like the majority of the reefers are located on the opposite end of SoCal. I'd be interested in joining a SFV club.

same here.. im in simi valley.. i got a lot of easy sps, lps overgrowing in my tank. happy to swap/give away to near by reefers

I'm in Sherman Oaks and I've been looking for a local reef club. I might have to start something up if there isn't an active club around...

I’m interested and have several other fellow reefers that would love to talk, swap, learn in a club situation. I’m in the calabasas area.

I joined the SFVR club that was created years ago but it didn't seem to last. Would be nice to have a good group of reefers to meet up with again. Maybe there's a reef shop that would be willing to host the occasional meetings?

Hi calimako. I’m also live in Simi Valley, interest in buy or trade corals with you

Hi all, did a SFV club ever get created? I just started a new tank recently, and I would be down to meet other fellow reefers in the SFV area, myself I'm in Sherman Oaks. If anyone is interested in meeting up, feel free to send me a message. It would be great to talk, learn, and possibly buy/ trade frags from others in the hobby.

Super into this, Not quite in sfv, 57/210 freeway but nothing is too far in LA! Working on stuff to trade but would love to be apart of an active local reef community

Simi Valley reefer here, I would love to join a local club even if that just means hanging out once a month talking crap and showing off our newest stuff.

shootingstar_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alright y'all, just waiting on a final confirmation from the store for final date+time, but pending any last minute changes let's plan on now meeting SUNDAY APRIL 2ND at 10:30am at Vivid Aquariums. We can chat for a bit about what we want out of this club too and start planning stuff :) Let's do this!

shootingstar_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks everyone who came! it was fun to just hang out and talk reefs. Excited to see where this goes and I'll be in touch for the next meeting! I think we're going to hop on over to elliot's for that one but i'll keep everyone posted :D

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, it was fun and informative. Looking forward to the next meeting. I like the idea of doing it at GSC next, we can check out Elliot's new coral flats and see what he has cooking. Let's build on this.

shootingstar_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ALRIGHT Y'ALL second meeting is scheduled for May 6th, 6pm at GSC. Let me know if you'll be able to make it. I have started an email list too, so if you'd like to be on that, DM me ur email and i'll keep you in the loop. Hope see you there

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 80.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.1%
Back