Any garage sellers?

Bob Weigant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to live in SF and I found that the best corals and fish actually came from a couple of people with garage businesses selling corals/fish from there.

Are there any in miami? Or where are the best places to buy corals and fish? Does LFS treat their fish with copper?
There were a few that I used to go in the SF/Peninsula but they are no longer. Having said that I still enjoy going to my LFS which is just a few blocks away here in Hayward

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to have to check that room out sometime this week for sure then.
Check out their eBay listings, they usually have some new stuff for cheap and almost everything starts at 0.99c

I was able to get a reef koi bounce mushroom for $80 and it's alittle larger then a quarter rightnnow. I got it when it was the size of a nickle

xiholdtruex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out their eBay listings, they usually have some new stuff for cheap and almost everything starts at 0.99c

I was able to get a reef koi bounce mushroom for $80 and it's alittle larger then a quarter rightnnow. I got it when it was the size of a nickle
What name are they under? Not coming up as strictly fish

Reeferdood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are opening a shop in Titusville Florida on Sunday if anyone wants to take a trip. Look up Robs Reef on Facebook for the details.

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What name are they under? Not coming up as strictly fish
Odd they're under Strictly Fishy, I think their auctions ended Monday and they usually post 1-2 days later so try tomorrow.

Also recommend Corn Breads coral on eBay. He does local pickup at a desired location. Everything I've gotten from him has grown and spawned extra heads

xiholdtruex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Odd they're under Strictly Fishy, I think their auctions ended Monday and they usually post 1-2 days later so try tomorrow.

Also recommend Corn Breads coral on eBay. He does local pickup at a desired location. Everything I've gotten from him has grown and spawned extra heads
Strictly fish just posted up some nice frags bidding on a favia and frogspawn :)

xiholdtruex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
picked up a favia from ocean view yesterday .Dipped it in seachem reef dip and its not doing to well. bag had some flatworms and baddies.

IMG_7111.JPG
IMG_7112.JPG
IMG_7113.JPG

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
picked up a favia from ocean view yesterday .Dipped it in seachem reef dip and its not doing to well. bag had some flatworms and baddies.

IMG_7111.JPG
IMG_7112.JPG
IMG_7113.JPG
Wow, I've never actually bought any live stock from them. Really don't like how the corals look..now I'll never buy

xiholdtruex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I've never actually bought any live stock from them. Really don't like how the corals look..now I'll never buy

The coral looked perfect. Very healthy Im thinking it was the dip that killed it. Their live stock and corals are very healthy looking

xiholdtruex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
won a favia from strictly fish auctions looks great , found no pests on coral. figured out I over dosed the seachem reef dip and that was the reason the other favia ended up bleaching on me :(
reed1.jpg

OP
OP
Bob2bob

Bob2bob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to Aquarium King in Ft. Lauderdale yesterday and I was quite impressed. Pretty large store with a wide variety -- freshwater and saltwater seemingly though I don't even remember the freshwater stuff since I don't keep that.

A bunch of fish options. A little pricier than some of the places down in Miami but they QT all their fish so I'm willing to spend a little more for that since I don't have a QT setup myself and this gives me peace of mind that I'm not introducing something that will kill all my livestock and ultimately be way more expensive. They showed me the setup in the back and they have a bunch of racks running a 2-3 week process with a handful of different chemicals that I no longer remember. I ended up scooping a nice flame hawkfish for $59.99.

They also had a lot of corals -- SPS, some LPS and some Zoa's. Not sure the SPS prices because I don't keep them so didn't bother with it. A lot of them seemed to have been pretty good sized colonies. I got 2 heads of a Duncan coral which they were happy to frag off from a bigger piece for $12 ($6 a head) and they gave me a packet to dip it for free.

If you're in the area I recommend it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back