Any good digital books on reef aquariums or reefs?

MiamiAG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, bear with me - I realize the best place for up-to-date information on reef aquariums is this very forum and Google as a second. I am older than many of you and enjoy a good book now and again. Also, a book serves as a concise way to find information as opposed to this forum's search function. Besides, I will be on a long plane ride and won't have access to R2R or Google.

Therefore, does anyone know of any good digital books that are still relevant in today's modern reefing? For those of you that don't know it, Coral Reefs in The Microbial Seas is a wonderful read.

Are there any others that come to mind?

I am aware of a Tony Vargas book that is being published by Two Little Fishes but that has been announced for quite a long time and I'm thinking it's vaporware or whatever the literally equivalent to that is.

Thanks!

Art

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's some links. I realize these are mostly videos but they are by reseaerchers looking at what's going on in reefs. But Rohwer's book is available for kindle (~$10) and is an excellent introduction to the roles of corals, algae and DOC and the microbial processes that determine the health of a reef ecosystem:

"Coral Reefs in the Microbial Seas" This video compliments Rohwer's book of the same title (Paper back is ~$20, Kindle is ~$10), both deal with the conflicting roles of the different types of DOC in reef ecosystems. While there is overlap bewteen his book and the video both have information not covered by the other and together give a broader view of the complex relationships found in reef ecosystems

Changing Seas - Mysterious Microbes

Nitrogen cycling in hte coral holobiont

BActeria and Sponges

Maintenance of Coral Reef Health (refferences at the end)

Optical Feedback Loop in Colorful Coral Bleaching

DNA Sequencing and the Reef Tank Microbiome

Richard Ross What's up with phosphate"

15 Answers

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Back