Any good saltwater stores near Nashville,TN ?

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ar the end of this month I am heading to Nashville for work until mid January,and wondering if there are any good store near there ?! If so,how are Zoa ans Acan prices ? I get to come home every 3 weeks and woukd love to snag some pieces on my way home !!!

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No lol.

I'm some of the middle TN reef club will disagree but im not a fan of them (the stores that is). Of course depending on where you're coming from, prices may be cheaper here.

You basically have Aquatic Critter and Emerald Bay. That's really the only 2 anyone really talks about or mentions.

OP
OP
Steven Garland

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No lol.

I'm some of the middle TN reef club will disagree but im not a fan of them (the stores that is). Of course depending on where you're coming from, prices may be cheaper here.

You basically have Aquatic Critter and Emerald Bay. That's really the only 2 anyone really talks about or mentions.

Ahh okay,not what I want to hear lol. I did see both of those online. I live in Orlando,so if the prices are better than WWC,TSA,LRO I am will be happier than a pig rollin' around in a puddle of poo.

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh okay,not what I want to hear lol. I did see both of those online. I live in Orlando,so if the prices are better than WWC,TSA,LRO I am will be happier than a pig rollin' around in a puddle of poo.

Id think maybe cheaper, especially Emerald Bay. But probably not as high end selections.
It would be worth checking out i imagine. Would be interested to see what someone from an area with more/better stores thought. Maybe I'm just jaded due to bad first impression lol.

OP
OP
Steven Garland

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have to check them out. I'm not into all that HIGH END crap,I just want pieces I like lol. Top Shelf,WWC,Living Reef all have nice pieces but the prices..whew.

You can find good stuff for cheap,you just gotta take your time and look.

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have to check them out. I'm not into all that HIGH END crap,I just want pieces I like lol. Top Shelf,WWC,Living Reef all have nice pieces but the prices..whew.

You can find good stuff for cheap,you just gotta take your time and look.

Part of it is just being jaded I'm sure. When we first started we had some salesman at one of the stores just straight up lie to us about what we could/couldn't have in our tank and we fell for it cause I didn't do my research beforehand (my fault). Things like "sure you can have a sailfin and a blue hippo in a 75G, no problems" or "sure your 2 month old tank is ready for a BTA". Needless to say we had a LOT of losses and it almost drove us from the hobby. Thankfully I met someone locally that really knows their stuff and helped us a ton.

I can probably confidently say that the hardware the stores here sell is extremely lacking though. Very little variety or selection in store. I didn't realize this until I went to a few stores in St Louis and was all "holy crap y'all actually stock all kinds of reef equipment new and used"

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Back