Any hidden tricks to boosting zoa growth?

RedFrog211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! My tank is about 6 months old, and I can’t wait for all of my corals to grow out. With that being said, do you have any tips or tricks to help your zoas thrive and grow quickly? I have a few that are open and happy, but don’t seem to be spreading. I guess some just reproduce quicker than others? (Ahem, Toxic palys and Pandora zoas)

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some for sure produce much faster than others. My crybabies and pandora's grow more than 10X as fast as my white walkers do.

I find I get best growth when I feed a couple times a week, and when I add a small amount of iodine. The increase in growth is noticable, but not a huge difference. Like watching water boil. If you keep watching it it'll never happen

Smokeshow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 75g is about 6 months old as well. My eagle eye zoas have gone from 3 to 6 in that time and I spotted a 7th head coming in. I dose iodide every day and target feed with reef roids every 3 days. Also keeping up with the weekly 10-15% water change helps alot. I use red sea reef salt

SPSnut25

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use reefroids... have had good success with it in regards to zoas and palys. That being said... there is a lot of debate over whether feeding them actually does anything. But I broadcast feed for all my other corals... and they just get hit by proxy... and it seems like since I have used this product they have been growing steady... well some of them anyways... With zoas some grow fast others take forever. Consistency in your tank specs are very important.

Last edited:
Back