Any idea what is on the side of my zoa?

Formidableone14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im hoping its not ZoaPox but cant find much other than that when I search. Sorry. Seems to be the same color as the stalk, purple and looks like something is inside of it??!?! Havent seen any movement though, just an observation. Thanks in advance!

IMG_1227.jpg IMG_1229.jpg IMG_1231.jpg IMG_1232.jpg

OP
OP
F

Formidableone14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I dipped the frag and only a few pods came off, the object on the stalk would seem to be a polyp growing off the stalk. When the dipping process was underway the object began to react like a zoa polyp. It pulled in on itself and shrunk down in size. It would seem this is another polyp.

OP
OP
F

Formidableone14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just based on size and I can now see neon colored tips under blues inside of it, I think it is a polyp. I have no clue though honestly lol I will observe and see what happens. I have not been in the hobby for long but have not ever seen a polyp grow in this fashion but again I lack knowledge. As far as Aiptasia I had purchased Berghia about a month ago and they eradicated them all. Thank you guys so much for chiming in!

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Formidableone14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a couple pics from another angle, wish I had a better camera. Ill try to rotate it tomorrow for a better angle.

IMG_1247.jpg
IMG_1247.jpg
IMG_1249.jpg
IMG_1250.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back