Any Idea's as to what this is...ich or velvet?

OP
OP
DrayB

DrayB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so...... i went into a local large pet store today to see what large cheap tanks they sold and was patiently waiting at what i thought was the fish section counter........turned out it was a vets clinic...and the vet was/is an avid reef keeper.
I showed the pics to him and he was under the impression that some of the marks on the face looked like burns, as there was no evidence of burrow trails? (from what he could see)
Anyway, I'm still going to set up a qt/medic tank and am going to start treatment of fresh water dips and chloroquine, which i have been able to source through the vet and an LFS that is only a few miles down the road. double thumbs up to that.
however its going to be a couple of weeks before i can get this up and running so i have started a 10 day treatment of NT Labs Anti-bacterial (1 dose) followed by NT Labs parazoryne (10 doses).
I also have Polyp Lab Medic which ill use after checking if they can be used in conjunction with each other.

The PBT does look a little better and has no loss of appetite, still no flicking scratching or swimming into fast flow so fingers crossed on that.

this freaked me right out!!!! didn't expect the water to go this colour......but nothing seems to have been adversely effected, and it has cleared now :)

IMG_1841.JPG

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back