Any ideas on what this is?

WARz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like tentacles like a galaxia or something, there also seems to be a green center with mouth under blue lights. Growing on the side of my new brain coral.

20200627_142112.jpg

Attachments

• 20200627_141737.mp4
    96.1 MB
OP
OP
WARz

WARz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it is another mouth. It is getting bigger and easier to tell what it is now.

SHNICI

Well-Known Member and Coral Cabin owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
like @KJ say it's Ball anemones., the tentacles are very sticky if you touch them with something.
It look for sometime ago they become more popular in the DT introduced with new corals from the wild.
I have few of them on few separate rocks with new corrals. It's reef safe (or my one are).

OP
OP
WARz

WARz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
like @KJ say it's Ball anemones., the tentacles are very sticky if you touch them with something.
It look for sometime ago they become more popular in the DT introduced with new corals from the wild.
I have few of them on few separate rocks with new corrals. It's reef safe (or my one are).
No, tentacles are exactly like the corals feeders. It has a pronounced mouth now and same flesh as the coral around it. I looked up ball anemone and it does not look the same.

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, tentacles are exactly like the corals feeders. It has a pronounced mouth now and same flesh as the coral around it. I looked up ball anemone and it does not look the same.
Dude check this one (I do have the same looking anemone), check the photos I post (Large and macro, compare it and tell please, I'm curiouse to get what do you have, as I can't see it better on the photos in your post, probably more white, less blue light and take the shot ? and can you turn on only uv/blue over it, to see are the balls like fluorescent any color ? They can be green, orange and blue as I know.

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is more pics

20200706_164648.jpg 20200706_164653.jpg 20200706_165644.jpg 20200706_165738.jpg
ooops, sorry for the prev. post, but I watch the video few more times now, and lookink on the new photos, it look like, that's part of the coral it's new head, just because it look like it's between the hard skeleton stalks it go out of there of the main head there. What's the exact name of the coral @WARz ?

OP
OP
WARz

WARz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ooops, sorry for the prev. post, but I watch the video few more times now, and lookink on the new photos, it look like, that's part of the coral it's new head, just because it look like it's between the hard skeleton stalks it go out of there of the main head there. What's the exact name of the coral @WARz ?
Not sure the exact name. Acanthastrea pachysepta or a orange Lobophyllias, not sure.

rob s.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have the some thing similiar coming out of my orange lobo at the base. After a while it began to send out long curly extensions and i had my LFS take a look. Still can't be sure but we both think its a small feather duster. I haven't seen it extend in about a week now so i think it may have died.

Back