Any Jelly Fishers out there? Take a look at this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple months ago, we were asked to quote a jellyfish aquarium. Intrigued, and like a puppy we ran with it. The client received their jellyfish tank which measured 60 inches long, 20 inches wide and 60 inches tall. Big AIO tank with interesting, slow moving water. They are thrilled. We researched this sub sub of a sub category and came up with a couple designs. What do you jelly fishers think? And we are finalizing the design for the Man O' War. 72 x 14 x 60.
5A60A33B-3F9C-4F33-80DF-DA078F2AA8BE.jpeg
91054617-1033-4DE3-89E9-6ECF86C48410.jpeg
59D35488-9FFA-4CED-B862-E9BCC89A044F.jpeg
22058B0C-ECB5-4C6E-98C7-BFAEFBBCC5A2.jpeg

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ones I posted will be around mid $300. We are thinking about going back to plus shipping prices because far shipments are subsidized by near shipments. The large Man O' War sizes will be anywhere from $4,000 to $12,000

Mellotang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know with jelly fish you cannnot have any hard edges that the jelly can get bell caught on

I’d be concerned with the flat side where the overflows are

Mellotang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bow looks good but I think you might need something to keep the jellies out of that overflow area

I only know a little

I used to work at a public aquarium and when I got in trouble in the coral lab they sent me to work With jellies

but I know there was always a problem when the jellies got caught up near the overflow

they can only move with the flow so if they get caught in the flow headed into the overflow they will get stuck on overflow and die

they have no ability too swim against current

they require a lot of water changes
And live enriched brine

Myxini

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also had some limited experience with jellies at a couple public aquariums. I think you’ll need a spray bar across the top to push the jellies past the overflow slots. This was the design we used in a lot of our grow out tanks for moon jellies. And it might be better to remove the slots along the lower corner and replace with a curved piece instead. I think the jellies will end up collected in that lower corner and then sucked against the open slots, even with a gentle flow.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back