Any LFS in Oahu, HI and Traveling with Coral Question

Ed Chan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently live in CA and will be traveling to HI in a couple weeks. I just wanted to see if:

1) Anyone knew of any good LFS on Oahu that they would recommend?
2) How long could coral last if carried on for the flight? I'm thinking this shouldn't be an issue since I receive coral shipped overnight, but wanted to get some thoughts and opinions on this.

Thanks!

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly doubt you will find much selection of coral at the local shops. From what I've read there isn't much of a reef hobby, if at all, SW tanks are just Fowlrs and you can't collect coral locally. From what I've read on local laws you can't even pick up dry rock and sand from the beach.

OP
OP
Ed Chan

Ed Chan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I just found out about it being illegal to sell coral locally. Oh well, I guess one less thing to think about during the trip.

I highly doubt you will find much selection of coral at the local shops. From what I've read there isn't much of a reef hobby, if at all, SW tanks are just Fowlrs and you can't collect coral locally. From what I've read on local laws you can't even pick up dry rock and sand from the beach.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back