Any lids out there that don't have a 90+ day lead?

gideon2086

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upgrade is happening faster than planned and I'll be ready to move livestock into the new tank next weekend. Problem is, I have wrasse and no lid. Clearview is 3+ months. I'm hesitant to go with Red Sea or Jumpguard because of negative reviews. Am I up a river without a paddle?

kcinnick

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just get some monofilament mesh as a stop gap until you can get the lid you want. It doesn't have to be pretty, just functional for a temporary solution. I am simply making wooden frames to slide in my canopy when I build it over the next couple of weeks, lined with mono mesh.

ReeferLou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made lid with this and a screen frame:

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08PB8RY42/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd second going with a diy option like the one from brs until you can get the one you want.

And do you have to move the livestock over immediately? If not, you can order what you want and just wait

OP
OP
gideon2086

gideon2086

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd second going with a diy option like the one from brs until you can get the one you want.

And do you have to move the livestock over immediately? If not, you can order what you want and just wait
I don't have to, but it would be nice to not have to run two large tanks.

rockinzebra457

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How small are the fish? Could you get by with some eggcrate until the lid you want arrives?

I’m actually in waiting on a new lid from ClearView. While I wait I’m using my diy mesh top from my older tank. Had to use some tape to cover the corners since it was a little smaller.

OP
OP
gideon2086

gideon2086

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have leftover screen in the shed from when I rescreened my porch last year. I've just gotten the idea to just use that with clamps while I wait for a Clearview. Now if only I could decide how I want to mount my lighting so that I can actually order the lid...

Back