Any new product announcements at MACNA 2019?

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it really end there? I bought a new MP10 and an AI Prime. Hysterical to get advice from Ecotech. I tried three different reps. All were worthless.
Q) How much flow do you recommend for a 7g?
A) Just play around and see what works.
Q) How much flow is estimated on Lagoon level 1?
A) You’d need to rent a flow meter to find out.
Q) Can you recommend a starting light profile for a 7g using the Prime?
A) Just play around and see what works?
Q) Do you think I should try a PAR meter.
A) That’s up to you.
Q) I wish you guys had more starting profiles/advice for beginners with your equipment.
A) Glad we could help.

Yea, I just got a similar response on MP40 mounting and set up. They are terrible at helping out newer users. There answers are vague intentionally. This way they can’t get blamed. I don’t want to turn this into an Ecotech bashing thread so I’m going to stop.

Any other new goodies on the Market?

kmp954

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is still available from Seavisions. Same place as the Ocean Creator
I bought an Ocean Creator nearly 2 years ago and its the best thing that I have ever bought for my tank. I set it to do automatic water changes at night and it keeps my salt levels perfect and it reduces my ammonia and phosphates through the water changes. It was expensive, but it is no doubt the single best piece of equipment that I own. I keep it out side in a vented box and it maintains a perfect salinity content in my tank. The owner of the company who sells it is very helpful. If I ever need anything or have any questions, he is always quick to respond. For anyone who wants to end the hassles of water changes, this is the best product on the market.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So can this new ETM dosing pump run a Calrx?

I would doubt anyone can say ... yet. If it is truly a continuous duty peristaltic then the answer may well be yes. If it is dynamically controllable, then it’s even more interesting. Of course a competent used MasterFlex can be had for under $400 and that has decades of reliability.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So can this new ETM dosing pump run a Calrx?
It will, I saw some with the john guess fittings to allow easy incorporation for a CaRx.

As @ca1ore said, to have it set up to refer to a DKH reading and adjust flow rate would be awesome!!

I would doubt anyone can say ... yet. If it is truly a continuous duty peristaltic then the answer may well be yes. If it is dynamically controllable, then it’s even more interesting. Of course a competent used MasterFlex can be had for under $400 and that has decades of reliability.

You're correct, I don't know the price point for the Versa but it has to come under that price. I was talking to a buddy the other day and we both had our guesses as to what one would cost. Needless to say we were on both ends of the spectrum.

Kengar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was in the very front left corner. I did not catch a price, planned on looking the company up later from home. They were talking with someone every time I came by. I do remember it was a south Florida based company. Looking at the floor plan, it appears the company was Sea Visions.
Bingo! I THOUGHT it looked like a reboot of the Dialyseas unit

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't see any. Neptune learned from the Trident, so they are working on a few things but wouldn't release any info because of people complaining about why it is taking so long, So they will not release any info until they have a release date.
I found that Neptune explained very well the reasons for Trident taking so long to get to market and how long it takes to put them together to offer to the public. I'm not sure what you mean buy release date.

I went to both the meetup breakfast and the presentation the next day by Terrance Fugazzi.

They assemble all the Tridents at there facility in California and then they go through a testing phase. There aren't enough apex users to warrant a small business to hire an army to build them. It just wouldn't be a good business decision. I will say that I was surprised that the circuit boards are made here in America and the rest of the parts are sourced from around the world not just China. It's nice the Tridents are.made in America.

The reagents are now available at multiple online resources now too.

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
posted in the lighting thread, but I'll mention it here too.
What's up with this new (i think) Kessil light?
1567304455474.png
Looks like an Ap700 been around for awhile. At least that's what I thought when I walked past it.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found that Neptune explained very well the reasons for Trident taking so long to get to market and how long it takes to put them together to offer to the public. I'm not sure what you mean buy release date.

I went to both the meetup breakfast and the presentation the next day by Terrance Fugazzi.

They assemble all the Tridents at there facility in California and then they go through a testing phase. There aren't enough apex users to warrant a small business to hire an army to build them. It just wouldn't be a good business decision. I will say that I was surprised that the circuit boards are made here in America and the rest of the parts are sourced from around the world not just China. It's nice the Tridents are.made in America.

The reagents are now available at multiple online resources now too.
You don't need to explain it to me, I was also at the breakfast. I was simply stating that they learned from Macna a few years ago about the Trident, that they will not release any info on future products until they have, or are close to a release date. If you were at the breakfast then you also saw that they posted a list of several things, but wouldn't tell us which ones they were working on. I agree with them on this as people as a whole r impatient in general. My post had nothing to do with why they were taking so long to build them, I understand this, it was aimed at the showing of the Trident and then the final release date.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@jefff@coralvue just set up a nano. the Hyrdos looks like a great controller for it. when will there be more info on it? and what is the likelihood of it making Q1 of 2020?
@Jeff@CoralVue

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought an Ocean Creator nearly 2 years ago and its the best thing that I have ever bought for my tank. I set it to do automatic water changes at night and it keeps my salt levels perfect and it reduces my ammonia and phosphates through the water changes. It was expensive, but it is no doubt the single best piece of equipment that I own. I keep it out side in a vented box and it maintains a perfect salinity content in my tank. The owner of the company who sells it is very helpful. If I ever need anything or have any questions, he is always quick to respond. For anyone who wants to end the hassles of water changes, this is the best product on the market.

I always find it somewhat suspicious when someone joins a forum JUST to advertise a product ;Pompus

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jefff@coralvue just set up a nano. the Hyrdos looks like a great controller for it. when will there be more info on it? and what is the likelihood of it making Q1 of 2020?

We put some general information up on CoralVue today and will be releasing new information each week as we move toward launch. @Afishionado will be releasing the most details so far in a blog post which I imagine will happen this week. I think the odds of the controllers being available by Q1 2020 are near 100%.

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We showed off Reef Octopus' new OCTO Sumps and Light Reactors, but the big news from the company at MACNA was the Blade pump!

You can connect two Blades together or run them separately. You can also connect Octo Pulse 2 and 4 pumps to the controller and control them all wirelessly via the mobile app. Look for this in Q4 or Q1 2020.

Blade pumps will also be compatible with the CoralVue HYDROS WaveEngine.

Blade-3.png

Blade-1.JPG

Blade-4.png

Blade-2.JPG

Blade-3.JPG

Blade-4.JPG

Blade-5.JPG

Blade-2.png

Blade-1.png

Last edited:

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We put some general information up on CoralVue today and will be releasing new information each week as we move toward launch. @Afishionado will be releasing the most details so far in a blog post which I imagine will happen this week. I think the odds of the controllers being available by Q1 2020 are near 100%.

that is good news I'll make sure I dont buy to much on BF then...haha
question I did not hear of a salinity probe. I would use that more than a PH probe.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is good news I'll make sure I dont buy to much on BF then...haha
question I did not hear of a salinity probe. I would use that more than a PH probe.

My understanding is that measuring salinity using a conductivity probe is extremely delicate and unreliable- hence the constant complaints we see about the Apex salinity probe calibration. People use it to “see trends” rather than as a hard data point.

Refraction is much more reliable (See Milwaukee digital refractometer) but we have not yet seen an attempt to automate this.

Mindstream’s approach is new, and one I am not really familiar with yet. Though requires the purchase of a film monthly, while refraction is forever and conductivity probes last quite some time.

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back