Any news about the WiFi capabilities of the HD series?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

richarddeweerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any news about the WiFi capabilities of the HD series. It would be added after some time, but it has been about a year that these lights have been released and it is still not possible to control them over WiFi (and therefor also not via controllers like the Neptune Apex).

I'm already advising other reefers to ignore AI if they are searching for new lights. Because it seems that you do not deliver what you promise.

Daniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious about development as well... bluetooth was great to get started but would really like the WiFi capabilities enabled on my Hydra 32HD.

clifg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. This really needs to be addressed. "We don't have a timeline," without any communication whatsoever is unacceptable for a $350+ light.

KenRexford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A good idea might be developing a WiFi controller that controls Bluetooth devices. The Inkbird temperature monitor I just installed has a WiFi hub that receives data from and controls up to 4 thermometers by Bluetooth. If someone made a Bluetooth receiver for Apex, it seems like you could control not just AI lights but also things like the Kamoer dosing pump and other WiFi devices. The single controller could then control multiple tanks separated across the house, if you have that. Maybe fewer wires. Might even be able to control more at a lower cost.

clifg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A good idea might be developing a WiFi controller that controls Bluetooth devices. The Inkbird temperature monitor I just installed has a WiFi hub that receives data from and controls up to 4 thermometers by Bluetooth. If someone made a Bluetooth receiver for Apex, it seems like you could control not just AI lights but also things like the Kamoer dosing pump and other WiFi devices. The single controller could then control multiple tanks separated across the house, if you have that. Maybe fewer wires. Might even be able to control more at a lower cost.

I mean that sounds good but the AI units have wifi built-in, they are just not turned on.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back