Any news on a Gen5 Radion? When?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bob Weigant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have all Ecotech ( return pumps , lights and powerheads )on both tanks. I was debating adding 2 more Gen 4 pro’s. Sounds like I better do it before the price hike

rc1626

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if people are asking about the Gen5's just because of the trend that ecotech rolls out new lights almost on schedule.

Here's a more important question to ask. What is it that the Gen4's are missing? What do you expect to see in a new ecotech light?
I'm not too sure they need to change much. It seems that this fixture does a pretty good job growing and coloring up corals. Two things in my opinion would be integrated wifi in the light fixture and they should also come with the diffuser right out of the box.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There were no announcements today at Macna about the next gen. I asked about it and the representative said he had no idea when it would be coming out.

U

User1

View Badges
I wonder if people are asking about the Gen5's just because of the trend that ecotech rolls out new lights almost on schedule.

Here's a more important question to ask. What is it that the Gen4's are missing? What do you expect to see in a new ecotech light?

I do not own Radions but to your question about what to expect? More efficiency and updated LED's. I'd expect the same thing from Kessil or any other manufacture.

Most work with the feature sets that they have today. Existing customers say of Gen 4 or a Kessil H when looking at the new they have to see what do they gain by changing. Features only? Na, not worth it. More output? Maybe. How much? 10%? 20%? 50%? Those sorts of things is what I would expect. May turn out you skip a cycle similar to Intel and their tick, tock release cycle.

zoous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are the items I hope gen 5 include:

1. more powerful leds
2. diffuser built into the lights
3. wifi built-in
4. fan on top
5. better pricing

Last edited:

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see it built some what like the Orphek but with its better contrlability.

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what ive heard from a few people... I guess they consider the diffusers as a type of upgrade/new gen... thats what ive heard... Thats why I bought six xr15s when I did because they arent coming out anytime soon and I got a great deal on them new...

ReeferBud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you folks so hung up on a Gen 5? The 4 works really well.

Now the Reeflink App.. that could seriously use some attention.

Just want the Gen 5s to come out so everyone goes out and buys them on an impulse to have the latest and greatest and then I can score the used Gen 4s at a nice discount to upgrade my system :)

Yeah... they work really well!

thenewguy19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want the Gen 5s to come out so everyone goes out and buys them on an impulse to have the latest and greatest and then I can score the used Gen 4s at a nice discount to upgrade my system :)

Yeah... they work really well!
Me too lol , Hope to see them soon.

luanluan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
webwxgetmsgimg.jpg
look!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gen4 don’t dim down particularly well without color shifts .... that’s about it. Not worth an upgrade though.

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say goodbye to my 4 G4 Pro lamps. Nothing will come of Ecotech anymore, neither update your outdated Ecosmartlive history, nor come new flow pumps and nothing is in sight of new lamps.

I will not support the greed of a company for a stupid software update customer to invest in new Wlan modules to profit only from a erneurung can! I would have to buy 8 modules and that means several hundreds of Euros!

Last edited:
Back