Any news on a Gen5 Radion? When?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say goodbye to my 4 G4 Pro lamps. Nothing will come of Ecotech anymore, neither update your outdated Ecosmartlive history, nor come new flow pumps and nothing is in sight of new lamps.

I will not support the greed of a company for a stupid software update customer to invest in new Wlan modules to profit only from a erneurung can! I would have to buy 8 modules and that means several hundreds of Euros!
I think are very badly mistaken...
You won’t need to buy 8 new modules, the plan has and is to make all the things controllable as they are now without extra crap.
but you seem very angry so I’ll just let you be that way.

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I'm not angry just a little disappointed. ecotech seems to have stopped in LED development. We will see how many modules you have to buy new. I do not think that the current ones of my lamps will be compatible.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say goodbye to my 4 G4 Pro lamps. Nothing will come of Ecotech anymore, neither update your outdated Ecosmartlive history, nor come new flow pumps and nothing is in sight of new lamps.

I will not support the greed of a company for a stupid software update customer to invest in new Wlan modules to profit only from a erneurung can! I would have to buy 8 modules and that means several hundreds of Euros!
Have you been hiding under a rock? There is all kinds of buzz about Ecotech coming out with their own controller called the Mobuis. And they just released a video detailing their latest pump the Versa, and they have a few more products in the near future that I think will make people say, "WOW!!"

In the coming months we will see some neat things from Ecotech. no, not new lights but better way to control them. I personally don't see how they can improve on the current lights, but then again I was mad at them when they rolled out Gen 2's. But my way of thinking was, "why did you roll out a light that was so sub par that you had to make another version of it???" "why not put in the time and perfect it before you debut a product?"

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mobius and a dosing pump .. very big cinema
ecotech has missed the connection and is now resting on the success of radion lamps. in my view, too long already!

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think now with all the launches, AI Hydras, dosing pump and the mobius, radions are the last of their troubles.

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I'm not angry just a little disappointed. ecotech seems to have stopped in LED development. We will see how many modules you have to buy new. I do not think that the current ones of my lamps will be compatible.

I believe if you log into EcosmartLive and check your information tab on each device it tells you the status for MOBIUS COMPATIBILITY - Believe "upgradeable" means it requires a new module and "ready" is good to go to connect to MOBIUS on release. Screenshot shows what i mean in green. Could be wrong though.
Untitled.png

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mobius and a dosing pump .. very big cinema
ecotech has missed the connection and is now resting on the success of radion lamps. in my view, too long already!
If it’s not broke don’t fix it. The Gen 4s work and work well. However they did tweak the AI line.

You're sure complaining allot about the Radions, but what would you suggest they improve?

Last edited:

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe if you log into EcosmartLive and check your information tab on each device it tells you the status for MOBIUS COMPATIBILITY - Believe "upgradeable" means it requires a new module and "ready" is good to go to connect to MOBIUS on release. Screenshot shows what i mean in green. Could be wrong though.
Untitled.png
Thanks for that, I just looked at all my items. Mine are all Mobius Ready.
40BE448C-0339-4EEF-BBA4-FB6DCF174B72.jpeg

Last edited:

wcroft987

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had 2 gen 1’s since they came out and they were expensive back then. How can you justify buying say a set of gen 4’s at their price point? I get they are amazing but ~$1600 is a bunch of money when the gen 1’s are still great. Curious on your opinions to make the upgrade.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Untitled.png
How are you able to see pumps in eco smart live? Do you have a reef link?
the only way I can get any of my products onto ESL is via a usb

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had 2 gen 1’s since they came out and they were expensive back then. How can you justify buying say a set of gen 4’s at their price point? I get they are amazing but ~$1600 is a bunch of money when the gen 1’s are still great. Curious on your opinions to make the upgrade.
I had original gen 1s and now have all Gen3 pros and there’s a BIG difference in color and intensity.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you able to see pumps in eco smart live? Do you have a reef link?
the only way I can get any of my products onto ESL is via a usb
On a PC you go to the devices list when you see the devices you click on the ”i“ with the circle around it.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a PC you go to the devices list when you see the devices you click on the ”i“ with the circle around it.
What I mean is this able to be done without connecting to a reeflink (I don’t have one)or is it only through that since it can then talk to the MP40 through the wireless function or is there some way to get a mp40 onto esl without the reeflink

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I mean is this able to be done without connecting to a reeflink (I don’t have one)or is it only through that since it can then talk to the MP40 through the wireless function or is there some way to get a mp40 onto esl without the reeflink

Whoops, brain gassed.. MPs don't have a USB
Hmm, not sure. Perhaps the direct connect software via USB will tell you. Just make sure you have the latest version.

Last edited:

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not 100% on this but i am pretty certain it requires the reeflink for this as its that, that stores the data for each device. Not entirely sure how you would see this information on the Vortechs without one as from what i remember before the reeflink, there was no way of connecting directly to them without it, just manual via the controller. Not a bad question to try and get the answer to though - Definitely a good bit of information to know wether you are currently good for Mobius on release or weather you may need to set aside some funds for any module upgrades that may be required.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not 100% on this but i am pretty certain it requires the reeflink for this as its that, that stores the data for each device. Not entirely sure how you would see this information on the Vortechs without one as from what i remember before the reeflink, there was no way of connecting directly to them without it, just manual via the controller. Not a bad question to try and get the answer to though - Definitely a good bit of information to know wether you are currently good for Mobius on release or weather you may need to set aside some funds for any module upgrades that may be required.
Exactly what I’m trying to figure out.
the MP40QD I have is just under a year old so I’m hoping it’s compatible but not gonna go buy a reeflink just to check.

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
of my 9 Ecotech , 4 G4 Pro lamps, 4 Vortech QDs and a Vectra, are just 2 Radion lamps Mobius Ready (RF Version 2.1), the rest Upradeable (RF Version: 1.2)

And at a RF module price of about 59 euros, hmm :(

Ecotech.jpg

and exactly the lamp I bought only this year, is not ready :(

Last edited:

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly what I’m trying to figure out.
the MP40QD I have is just under a year old so I’m hoping it’s compatible but not gonna go buy a reeflink just to check.
I would venture to say that the 1 year old mp40qd is compatible. I have a list somewhere with which pumps and lights are needing updated.

I can't say all Quiet Drives have the proper RF chip, because I have one of the first mp40qd's and it required the new RF chip.

Another way to ensure your pumps are compatible is by opening up the case and seeing what color the RF chip is... if it's black, you're good to go. If it's green, you'll have to purchase the black one from Ecotech...

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's how my 4 lamps look .. 2 green, 2 black.
the lamps I have longer are compatible and the new ones are not.

IMG_0331 2.jpeg IMG_0332 2.jpeg

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my Vectra M1, the Mobius compatibility has changed from upgradable to ready. I thought it would only work by swapping the Wlan Module?

vectra.jpg

Back