Any one have an opinion on the large Fiji Cube Tanks?

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, it’s here and up and running. It’s an absolute beauty. Thick clear glass, clean black silicone, nice edges, solid cabinet. The sump is glorious. I’d recommend them in a heartbeat, just make sure you know what you’re doing (unlike me!)
73EA11E4-8289-4F50-92CF-D860B2CA276F.jpeg

That looks great..............it looks like the overflow is the the back left corner? In the pictures on their site it seems it was at the back center.

Bossanova

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish are now almost asleep, but I took a quick video:

Last edited:

Bossanova

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a few weeks with this, I can absolutely recommend them. Gorgeous design, clean work. Stand looks great and I feel this will package could last a long time.

Only thing to be aware is that the whole package doesn’t come with any documentation. Like, at all. So, unless you’re experienced I’d budget some time to learn plumbing, etc. supposedly they’re working to address this.

leicaguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just a quick note on Fiji Cube Aquariums I bought the whole set up from them I am blown away with the quality and the customer service The whole set up is exceptionally well made. VERY happy with decision I made,

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received the Fiji-20 sump for an IM Nuvo 50 EXT I'm throwing together. My first impressions are good.

IMG_20200721_195359.jpg

Redrider001

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering the 180 gallon tank/stand/sump is everyone still happy with their purchases?

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After having the sump for a few months now I wouldn't buy it if I could do it over. The return pump compartment is way too small. The refugium area is waste of space that should have just been part of the return pump compartment. I'm going to drill a hole so that the water level falls in both chambers so the pump doesn't start sucking air when the socks overflow and that compartment fills with water draining the return compartment. It has lots of bells and whistles, but it's a poorly executed product.

DaddyFish

“5 percenter”
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After having the sump for a few months now I wouldn't buy it if I could do it over. The return pump compartment is way too small. The refugium area is waste of space that should have just been part of the return pump compartment. I'm going to drill a hole so that the water level falls in both chambers so the pump doesn't start sucking air when the socks overflow and that compartment fills with water draining the return compartment. It has lots of bells and whistles, but it's a poorly executed product.
What's the specifics of your setup? Tank size, sump size, return pump model?

How would you change it if you could?

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted in this thread a few months ago, the pic is just above. It's an IM 50 EXT with a Sicce 2.0. I started with a larger return and had to downsize because it was really noisy. The return pump chamber needs to be larger. I don't run mechanical filtration at all because if it overflows, the return pump runs dry. There's zero wiggle room.

Anchor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FijiCube is a 2nd gen product with a lot of problems still. Still very much proprietary in terms of parts. If something goes wrong, much of it still has to get shipped from China. Its like the Black Box of tanks. The size of the tank only perpetuates the problems.. The only thing going for it is price.. Like a Black Box light. I have owned gen 1 products for close to 2 years. Except the tank itself, which are holding up, but have crooked seams even as small as the 32 AIO. The sump leaked, pumps and other electronics sold with those were junk.. Are junk.. I dont own expensive gear, but there are much better choices out there. If you are looking to save money just to have a tank of that size.... then save your money and get a good one..

Back