OP
OP
Ernie C

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! Been reading the thread and I’m in the bird road area, I’ll be interested in being a part of the trades and meetings! To answer your question, I began using one three days ago and highly recommend it. My pH before was from 7.9 to 8.1 now I’m at 8.1 to 8.4! I love it! I got the BRS co2 scrubber and I’m using two little fishies CDX media in it.

1D961E2B-7247-4DF1-AA2B-4B7AE6DC986B.png
Awesome, i've been using Kalk in my top off to maintain 8.0-8.3 How long does the media last? I'm concerned about how much it will cost in the long run. I get my Kalk from walmart and its pretty cheap.

RickG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! Been reading the thread and I’m in the bird road area, I’ll be interested in being a part of the trades and meetings! To answer your question, I began using one three days ago and highly recommend it. My pH before was from 7.9 to 8.1 now I’m at 8.1 to 8.4! I love it! I got the BRS co2 scrubber and I’m using two little fishies CDX media in it.

1D961E2B-7247-4DF1-AA2B-4B7AE6DC986B.png
Sweet! im probably going to get a regular water filter housing on amazon for $15 and then media from BRS. The media life is the only reason why i havent pulled the trigger. How long does a cartridge last for you? I really need a Co2 scrubber tho ph stays around 7.7-7.8. Always have to be opening a window for a ph boost.

OP
OP
Ernie C

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! im probably going to get a regular water filter housing on amazon for $15 and then media from BRS. The media life is the only reason why i havent pulled the trigger. How long does a cartridge last for you? I really need a Co2 scrubber tho ph stays around 7.7-7.8. Always have to be opening a window for a ph boost.
i have a 5 gallon jug of kalk and dose like 100 ml an hour. It keeps my alk and calcium at 8 dkh and 430. and it keeps my ph between 8.0 and 8.3. I also have my skimmer air intake from the outside.

TangoTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks! I use CDX because it’s color changing media. BRS media I believe does this as well but my LFS carries CDX at $20.00. It should last anywhere from 6-8 weeks if the output is directly connected to the intake of the skimmer. I’ve read threads and about people plumbing the intake of the scrubber into the lid of the collection cup. This works efficiently until you begin to build up gunk in your collection cup and thus dirtying you media A LOT quicker. Either way I use a co2 scrubber because I dose Red Sea ABC and don’t use Kalk so having a way to maintain ph at a consistently desirable level is a must for me.

I’ll share another photo of how my ph level is now after around a week or so after installing it

Either way wish you the best of luck and hope to see your ph boost as well!

1566281546939.jpeg

Last edited:

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
95337DEB-C0BB-4343-9210-20C3D13E076F.jpeg

A few tiny Frags for trade if any one is interested

Bubble gum digi
Forest fire digi
Tri Color valida
Blue stag. Will color back up was on bottom of tank and monti grew over shawdowing it.
Reeftech monti frag
Flower Petel monti

OP
OP
Ernie C

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
95337DEB-C0BB-4343-9210-20C3D13E076F.jpeg

A few tiny Frags for trade if any one is interested

Bubble gum digi
Forest fire digi
Tri Color valida
Blue stag. Will color back up was on bottom of tank and monti grew over shawdowing it.
Reeftech monti frag
Flower Petel monti
I’m interested in the bubble gum. I have these small frags and some fire and ice zoas

8C55EE9A-6265-4DEE-8D37-FA3EAFFEDD64.jpeg CCE0AA4A-B939-476D-A7BB-EC0F10987A27.jpeg

RickG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I use CDX because it’s color changing media. BRS media I believe does this as well but my LFS carries CDX at $20.00. It should last anywhere from 6-8 weeks if the output is directly connected to the intake of the skimmer. I’ve read threads and about people plumbing the intake of the scrubber into the lid of the collection cup. This works efficiently until you begin to build up gunk in your collection cup and thus dirtying you media A LOT quicker. Either way I use a co2 scrubber because I dose Red Sea ABC and don’t use Kalk so having a way to maintain ph at a consistently desirable level is a must for me.

I’ll share another photo of how my ph level is now after around a week or so after installing it

Either way wish you the best of luck and hope to see your ph boost as well!

1566281546939.jpeg
Appreciate it lol, I decided to cut up my dual reactor from brs since I wasnt even using the gfo side. Didnt want to spend money and this will get the job done . Now just have to get some media

20190819_214546.jpg IMG-20190819-WA0012.jpeg

TangoTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate it lol, I decided to cut up my dual reactor from brs since I wasnt even using the gfo side. Didnt want to spend money and this will get the job done . Now just have to get some media

20190819_214546.jpg IMG-20190819-WA0012.jpeg

Nice work! let us know how it looks mounted and what media you end up using

OP
OP
Ernie C

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, i have them on offer up. I have to update the post. I'll PM you the info. I've been busy with other stuff so have to give the tank some love this weekend. I have to harvest and try to sell or give away zenias. lol

CanesReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do any of yall run a bare bottom tank ? Im planning on taking out different areas with each water change. Just wondering if any of you have nano tanks with no bed.

OP
OP
Ernie C

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do any of yall run a bare bottom tank ? Im planning on taking out different areas with each water change. Just wondering if any of you have nano tanks with no bed.
I have had a bare bottom tank for years now, but never a nano. My nutrients seem to stay on the low side though.

xiholdtruex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a 5.5g bare bottom. Use to have a frog spawn and birdsnest in there. Now I just have a birds nest that is doing well and one fish a small domino damsel. Only water change 50% every 2 weeks feed every other day mysis and a small squirt of reef roids for the birds nest. thinking of making it a zoa garden.

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let’s start a list of people and their location so we can come up with a meeting place that’s relatively close to everyone.

So far we have:

Juanrmattos - West Kendall
Mario4933 - Downtown Miami

Drop your locations guys I’ll make a list

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back