305 Reef Club, Miami Reefers

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
17CF68C0-CFB2-4A70-BE27-5DA4EFA6DEDF.jpeg

My baby is doing well guys! Let’s see some tank shots!

So we have become the Miami Reef Club?

We should maybe try monthly meetings at different LFS in Miami think it would be cool and we could gain some traction meeting in these places.

FMAS is gonna be mad lol maybe

I’m super interested in being a member unfortunately next wensday I can’t make it work a mid shift. I’m usually off Tuesday and wensday just not this upcoming as I took the weekend off for macna.

Definitely count me in.

I’ll send a DM with my number to join the WhatsApp group.

I’ve met and traded with 4 members through this thread so it can def work!

I make YouTube videos as well I’m not famous yet but maybe I could do some on member tanks and get us some more content and traction.
8E0811CA-8A7F-44C8-9BC2-F4C7FA179334.jpeg

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitively the plan and is moving great so far... Social media presence (IG, YT, Swaps maybe even Macna “if I find a desperate soul to cover my Thu shift”).

Working with @R2R in hopes to have our own space here.

Sorry you cant make it this Wednesday @SKYHIGGh

We are doing this!!!

xiholdtruex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Cutler Bay when is the next meet up?

trying to do it this upcoming wensday

I’m interested in the bubble gum. I have these small frags and some fire and ice zoas

8C55EE9A-6265-4DEE-8D37-FA3EAFFEDD64.jpeg CCE0AA4A-B939-476D-A7BB-EC0F10987A27.jpeg
I hear you Ernie, just want to make it quick before it gets cold... The main goal is just to meet up and organize ourselves so that we are all pulling in the same direction... Ideas are endless.

Known the owners of the store for quite some time I honestly dont think they would mind and Im certain we all may eventualy end up going back there to make some business... We may even be able to arrange a club discount no?.

In any case... If you guys are up for Wednesday at 7:00 just confirm here.

Mario Ok
Ernie Ok
Juan Ok

Bring it guys!!!
Whoever wants in the WhatsApp group PM me your phone # I’ll create it

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That mini store I had going was one of two frustrated attempts to come back into the hobby.... Build Thread Here

Came from this one

DC216202-6CB7-4C00-9A65-09520B0B0A55.png
4AF778C7-84B6-4800-8CE0-528E9834AE53.png

And followed by this one... Broke my heart!
Build Thread here

And now attempting a Nano Aquaforest System... Which has proven to be as hard as the 750. Build thread here

Last edited:

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following that post above and welcoming everyone that has shown interest in attending our gatherings I thought it would be a good idea to do a formal introduction, feel free to post your own as well.

My name is Juan Mattos, American/Colombian, I'm 51 and have been in this hobby since the mid 90's (Way before the big boom and all the technological commodities we have today); I live in Kendall West (Which is the addition to West Kendall and the very last road west of Miami Dade); currently working at the Miami Airport in International Flight Operations for a private charter airline serving Europe, Fiji and the US; I work the high voltage - all go - non stop night shift and is the exact reason why you will always see me dragging during the day and taking extra time to reply to your messages during my workdays). Wife, 2 kids (Girl 28 and boy 18).

Really passionate about reefing, maybe a little impatient but using it as a learning tool to become one; super organized and methodical when it comes to my reef tanks to the point of compulsive OCD if you like (Those build threads above are no joke :D ). Always good for a chat or exchanging experiences, ready to share by example if you wish to learn and ready to listen if you want to share (By now I have made pretty much any mistake that could possibly be made and then some).

Truly glad we have this going and willing to commit with all of you guys to make it grow.

I hope to see as many of you as possible this coming Wednesday or in a near future.

Cheers all,

PS:
Ernie created a temporary logo for us, it will be posted in the Club's chat, feel free to include it as your avatar if you'd like.

RickG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hell yes to a Miami Reef club! I had pm some guys about starting a whatsapp chat just to talk reefing, give advice and trade/sell some stuff. Never have been able to find a miami club so it would be sweet to start our own! I'm homestead area but I'm down to meet up around bird fish stores.

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning #305reefclub !!!

I am going to follow Juan and briefly introduce myself. Before I do I’d like to say how happy I am we’re getting this going and I’m hopping we can take it far.

I’m Mario, Uruguayan born and 305 raised. I have been intrigued by marine life my whole life, it wasn’t until recently that I decided to dedicate time to learn about the hobby. Long story short I started my journey here 75 Gallon Build Thread.

This whole time I have been looking for people to learn from, share experiences, buy & trade stuff with but most importantly to create a support network since this isn’t my only lonely hobby lol.

I hope we can make #305reefclub that support network for many reefers!!

We want to hear your stories guys!

P.s. Lets gather ideas and write them down to discuss future events and what not this next meeting.

xiholdtruex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little intro

My name is Carlos, born of Cuban/Spaniard parents here in Miami. I am a Appliance Technician by trade. Live down in the Homestead area. Have been into the fresh and saltwater aquariums for 15+ years from 55g tanks down to 3g picos.

Currently running two salt tanks and 5 fresh water tanks. My two salt water tanks are a 12g jbj nano cube and a 5.5g pico.

Here is a link to my build thread

I am looking forward to growing the reefing community in south florida together. And looking forward to helping where I can. I am extremley happy we finally have some traction in the right direction

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little intro

My name is Carlos, born of Cuban/Spaniard parents here in Miami. I am a Appliance Technician by trade. Live down in the Homestead area. Have been into the fresh and saltwater aquariums for 15+ years from 55g tanks down to 3g picos.

Currently running two salt tanks and 5 fresh water tanks. My two salt water tanks are a 12g jbj nano cube and a 5.5g pico.

Here is a link to my build thread

I am looking forward to growing the reefing community in south florida together. And looking forward to helping where I can. I am extremley happy we finally have some traction in the right direction
Dude that’s a nice build thread! Your nano is looking fantastic

OP
OP
Ernie C

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, Ernie here. I’ve been in the reef tank hobby for over 40 years. Have had all size tanks from 30 to 270. Currently happy with my RedSea Reefer 350 and all my WiFi gadgets. Born and raised in Miami and live near the Bird Rd stores. I started this thread in the hopes of creating a local support community for info, help, trades etc. Looks like we are on our way!
CA670648-F544-44D5-A307-EE8392261818.jpeg

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh
Hi everyone, Ernie here. I’ve been in the reef tank hobby for over 40 years. Have had all size tanks from 30 to 270. Currently happy with my RedSea Reefer 350 and all my WiFi gadgets. Born and raised in Miami and live near the Bird Rd stores. I started this thread in the hopes of creating a local support community for info, help, trades etc. Looks like we are on our way!
CA670648-F544-44D5-A307-EE8392261818.jpeg
maaaaaan your tank looks gorgeous

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 35 85.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.3%
Back