Rating - 0%
0   0   0

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one and am having trouble programming it. I'm sure there isn't anything wrong with the pump itself. My favorite IT guy would call it a PIC problem. Problem in chair.
The app ties into Wi-Fi on your phone and not your router. They don't have the cloud service yet like I am used to with most Wi-Fi controllable devices.
I messed with it til 1 a.m. before I went out of town monday, and am hoping to get it going this w/e after talking to hydor customer support.
Heck, it might be working. Idk.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

HeulittSalmi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the video that the company posted, also on the link I pasted above, and it looked fairly decent but who knows what is true.

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I actually had it set and running. My problem was I thought I needed to connect to the house Wi-Fi. It programs itself off your phone.
Great size on my 29 gallon Biocube. I've been resisting breaking down and getting a mp10 for this thing because of the lack of directional control. I've gone thru several other pumps that were either to strong, or the last one I think heated the tank up two much.

I'm going to observe this week end and see how it does.
a7ea2b378e68e5cb3b929c1e5b67dbc9.jpg

Glass is dirty and lights out but you can see its a great size for this tank.

fiji4118

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the pump running on my little 12 gallon for a couple of weeks. Have to say I love it. Once I dialed in the wave mode I have it pushing a 1/2" wave across a 15" tank. For as small as it is I think that is pretty awesome. Set up is easy as it connects directly to your phone. Not sure what the sync to server is though. I have always connected to it directly and then when I connect back to the internet on my phone it asks to sync to the server but no idea where this goes as the pump itself isn't connected to the internet. If you have a nano tank and want a lot of control flow options without the costs of an MP10 this is a great option IMO.

Dominat0r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So every time you want to connect to the programming, you need to drop your home WAP signal and connect the Aqamai? It won't connect to your WAP and have an IP address to connect to while before devices on the same network?

I was thinking of replacing my 2x koralia nano with 1 of these, but I want access to trigger feeding time at certain times.

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So every time you want to connect to the programming, you need to drop your home WAP signal and connect the Aqamai? It won't connect to your WAP and have an IP address to connect to while before devices on the same network?

I was thinking of replacing my 2x koralia nano with 1 of these, but I want access to trigger feeding time at certain times.
Def a major draw back. When I spoke with Koralia tech support I was told cloud control is not yet available. Maybe in the future.

Dominat0r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for this info.
Def a major draw back. When I spoke with Koralia tech support I was told cloud control is not yet available. Maybe in the future.

Thanks for the info. I would have been pretty upset with that. Did they give a time frame on how long that would be?

prios01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I saw these when I was just browsing Marine Depot but they seem pretty rare here on R2R in people's builds. I know they only came outa few months ago, or so it seems, but it looks like a great idea. I am just wondering what your thoughts and opinions are on it, if you've used one, or if you would use them in the future?

https://www.marinedepot.com/Aqamai_...s_for_Aquariums-Aqamai-6P01181-FIWMIW-vi.html
I just received 2 Aquamai's yesterday from Marine Depot and I am an IT guy for 35 years. I have one working and I'm not sure about connecting the other one, so might sell it. Once it's configured it seems to work nice, but I have a few frustrations with this product.
1. It provides nice cord length for the egg(wave maker), but it only has 2ft of cord from transformer to plug. C'mon!!! just let it hang there or what?
2. The person who wrote this code is pretty smart, so as a developer myself why wouldn't you extend the capabilities to connect to the home network and provide a front end to have better visibility and control.
3. Yes you can control more then 1 controller in a single app, but they are in separate networks, which means that you have to disconnect from one to change the other, you can not make changes to both with 1 entry.
4. If you have multiple controllers they are clueless that the other exist so they are not synchronized, so you would be forced to operate both on the same side of the tank or you get a hurricane effect.
5. They have these light indicators on the controller for errors or modes there running. This is worthless, most controllers are hidden and who wants to keep looking underneath to see a light and then have to refer the instruction as to what that means. Why not finished the job and provide a read out that shows the configuration and the mode it's running and of course meaningful error codes.

Other then that I'm still evaluating 1 and if I find a way to make both communicate I'll install the other one. So if you want more information on this product be sure and watch my son's You Tube channel ROYAL REEFER, he is doing a full review on this product.

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased one of these for my Biocube 32 and had so many problems with it I ended up pulling it. Once I synched and programmed it, I couldn't change the programming. In my communication with Aquamai they indicated that it was a bug in the app and that they would be installing a patch or similar fix soon. Does anyone know if they have done it? I'd like to try it again.

Shanephillips27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered one of these for my 32 gallon biocube and why I’m waiting for it to show up I downloaded the app and tried to sign up but it said error occurred anyone have any idea ?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back