Any other Rutherford County or adjacent folks here?

musicman223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello again everyone!

As I mentioned in my other thread, I'm back in the hobby after a long absence and looking forward to hopefully meeting up with some fellow reefers. I'm in Smyrna, right off Sam Ridley and I-24/exit 66.

Is there anyone else within maybe 30 minutes of here? I remember the old MTRC page was pretty active with quite a few members in this area that I got to see pretty frequently. Hope to make some friends, see some tanks, and share some frags!

OP
OP
musicman223

musicman223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys, im off of Waldron Rd/Sam Ridley as well. McFarlin Pointe subdivision next to Rock Springs Elementary.

Just getting back into hobby and have a 3 month old new tank.

Awesome! Yea, you're just a few minutes away.

Would you all want to try to get together one night in mid-October? Maybe a Friday or Saturday night? Nothing fancy, just some snackage and hang with the locals?

Also, MTRC leaders, is it OK that I ask this? Is it OK for some folks to organize an unofficial meet, or do all of these things need to be sanctioned events, etc? Don't want to ruffle any fins!

CasterLoki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really close, I am off Almaville road and am a new reefer myself first tank setup only 5 months ago.

OP
OP
musicman223

musicman223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Glad to hear from some more local folks!

I have some sad news here. I was out of town last week and my heater went haywire. Cooked everything in the tank. I had someone checking the tank daily but it was too late. :*-( The only survivors are about 40 dwarf cerith snails that I pulled out and reintroduced after a deep clean and reset of the tank.

I am starting over with a fresh sandbed and a few new rocks in with the 3 previously existing rocks. It's been running for a week now and the ceriths all seem fine. I added 3 small frags from the Critter yesterday (gsp, zoas, acro) and we'll see how they do. They all seem happy today at least. I'll be keeping an eye on params and probably won't add fish for a month or so, but I am planning on adding more corals over the coming days/weeks. Hoping I won't have too much of a spike/cycle. May add some live bacteria soon just to help.

Unfortunately I've got nothing to really show at my house now. :-(

UrksOceanReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back to the hobby, I’m the club Prez (elected in for 2021) and I’m here by elm hill marina and the airport!! I’m very interested in getting a few places south of Nashville for monthly membership meetings! So let’s keep in touch and see what we can make happen

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back