Any par readings for a Noopsyche K7 Mini?

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully in the near future I'm going to be building a 15 gallon cube. Anybody have any par data on a Noopsyche K7 Mini? Even on paper, is it capable of growing SPS? Or would I have to go with a K7 V3?

GobyGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you feel there is anything it can't grow? Have you put a par meter on it?
No honestly - is your tank rimmed? That’s the mishap I had as it won’t fit on rimmed tanks. It’s reading 90 towards the bottom and although I have two A80s also mounted with it their effect is negligible that deep. maybe 10 par that deep, and it read 90 with 10% white 80% blue and purple

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Aaron75

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No honestly - is your tank rimmed? That’s the mishap I had as it won’t fit on rimmed tanks. It’s reading 90 towards the bottom and although I have two A80s also mounted with it their effect is negligible that deep. maybe 10 par that deep, and it read 90 with 10% white 80% blue and purple
Nope, it'll be rimless. I have seen that mounting these on rims is next to impossible. Luckily I'll avoid that issue! Those are pretty good numbers!

Upvote 0

GobyGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, it'll be rimless. I have seen that mounting these on rims is next to impossible. Luckily I'll avoid that issue! Those are pretty good numbers!
yeah honestly think they undersell the statistics of the light but I really think that if your aqua scape isn’t just in the bottom 3 inches of your tank you could grow just about anything it’s worth measuring the different combinations of light color and par so you can adjust on the fly with out having to remeasure

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Aaron75

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah honestly think they undersell the statistics of the light but I really think that if your aqua scape isn’t just in the bottom 3 inches of your tank you could grow just about anything it’s worth measuring the different combinations of light color and par so you can adjust on the fly with out having to remeasure
Will do. Thanks for sharing your first hand experience!

Upvote 0

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To anyone having problems with mounting on a rimmed tank: if its a regular black rimmed tank,just take a box cutter and cut the inner lip where a lid would sit away and it should fit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GobyGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To anyone having problems with mounting on a rimmed tank: if it’s a regular black rimmed tank,just take a box cutter and cut the inner lip where a lid would sit away and it should fit.
Much harder to do if it’s an existing tank light upgrade and not a new set up haha! Great solution though

Upvote 0

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 58.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 56 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.4%
Back