Any physics savvy reefers? IV Bags at Altitude?

KJAG

Rogue
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First "Lounge" post, but the nature of the hobby attracts individuals much smarter than myself, especially in the field of physics. Going on a trip in few weeks and wanna bring some IV Saline/LR bags and catheters( rehydration purposes in the potential event of getting sick) but was wondering if there are pressure differentials from the main cabin of an airplane and the cargo area in which my carry on bags( and the IV Bags) would be stored for a 15 hour flight.
If say, a 1L Saline bag is in the cargo area, would it explode?

OP
OP
KJAG

KJAG

Rogue
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes there is a difference ever have a shampoo bottle pop. I would use a carry on
Thanks, and No I haven't experienced that since I dont ever travel with shampoo. Pretty sure TSA won't allow anything over (what is it like 3 oz?) in your carry on these days otherwise that would be the call.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.tsa.gov/travel/special-procedures

3-1-1 Liquids Rule Exemption

You may bring medically necessary liquids, medications and creams in excess of 3.4 ounces or 100 milliliters in your carry-on bag. Remove them from your carry-on bag to be screened separately from the rest of your belongings. You are not required to place your liquid medication in a plastic zip-top bag. If a liquid, gel, or aerosol declared as medically-necessary alarms, then it may require additional screening and may not be allowed

Accessories

Ice packs, freezer packs, gel packs, and other accessories may be presented at the screening checkpoint in a frozen or partially-frozen state to keep medically necessary items cool. All items, including supplies associated with medically necessary liquids such as IV bags, pumps, and syringes must be screened before they will be permitted into the secure area of the airport.

OP
OP
KJAG

KJAG

Rogue
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, pressure and temperature changes will have a notable impact on the volume of a gas, but water doesn't do much except at the freezing and boiling point.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 78 86.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back