Any power hub products to eliminate acdc adapters?

kwirky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any products out there which work well as acdc power hubs? I can buy a meanwell power supply and hook a bunch of devices to it, simplifying my electrical, but I'd have to wrangle up an enclosure, solder barrel and pin receptacles, etc. Not to mention insurance wouldn't cover a fire if it was diy.

Are there products out there which can provide a high amperage, multiple DC output with barrel connectors, or adapters to barrel connectors? To do things like power 4 tunze powerheads, or two reef Brite lights. The goal is to reduce the number of AC outlets required and lessen the rats nest. Any suggestions of things that are plug and play, before I source DIY components and put in a bunch of time to make a solution?

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any products out there which work well as acdc power hubs? I can buy a meanwell power supply and hook a bunch of devices to it, simplifying my electrical, but I'd have to wrangle up an enclosure, solder barrel and pin receptacles, etc. Not to mention insurance wouldn't cover a fire if it was diy.

Are there products out there which can provide a high amperage, multiple DC output with barrel connectors, or adapters to barrel connectors? To do things like power 4 tunze powerheads, or two reef Brite lights. The goal is to reduce the number of AC outlets required and lessen the rats nest. Any suggestions of things that are plug and play, before I source DIY components and put in a bunch of time to make a solution?
Look into CCTV power supplys. It is a shame you need 5v 10v,12v and 24v. That is why not many people is doing it.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hydros would probably be the best bet right now. Most stuff plugs into it, and eliminates the power bricks. Not sure how advanced it is though as I haven't really followed their progress.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back