Any reason one of my 2 lights is a different color?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200519_152701.jpg

Left side more purple than right at this time in my schedule.

Huh? Bulb problem already?
15899203585325028351230923304789.jpg

Notice the extra purple on the left light? what the heck is going on?

Fishyjoey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure they are set exactly the same? You don’t have them paired as parent and child based on the light color. When paired properly one light is green the others blue.

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure they are set exactly the same? You don’t have them paired as parent and child based on the light color. When paired properly one light is green the others blue.
lol I had no clue you could pair them like that.

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see no where in the app where this setting exists.

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about the HD but mine look like this.

013F83CC-04ED-4EFD-AC9B-E29C6467D275.png
Yeah, mine don't show that.

I followed these instructions:

And they're still both green.

FYI, the new 16HDs are a downgrade in everything but the number of LEDs.

We don't have half the settings the old lights do and can't even connect to WiFi.

I don't have lunar effects or anything with the new lights. Disappointing to say the least.

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Notice all the things we with the newer lights are missing on the bottom of the app screen .....

Screenshot_20200519-160652_myAI.jpg

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
20200519_152701.jpg

Left side more purple than right at this time in my schedule.

Huh? Bulb problem already?
15899203585325028351230923304789.jpg

Notice the extra purple on the left light? what the heck is going on?
I had this exact same problem with my old 26's.

Had to put white pieces of paper under the lights to send a pic to AI before they would replace them both.

Cree who makes The LEDS or used to...make the leds in batches and when different batches of LEDs go into making the pucks there can be variances of light and colors. This is acceptable for AI and they allow up to %7 of a difference.

Good luck with getting a replacement and if it helps this doesnt affect the corals or fish.

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this exact same problem with my old 26's.

Had to put white pieces of paper under the lights to send a pic to AI before they would replace them both.

Cree who makes The LEDS or used to...make the leds in batches and when different batches of LEDs go into making the pucks there can be variances of light and colors. This is acceptable for AI and they allow up to %7 of a difference.

Good luck with getting a replacement and if it helps this doesnt affect the corals or fish.

Uggggh. These things aren't even 30 days old. I hate buying expensive equipment and then have to deal with **** customer support.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Uggggh. These things aren't even 30 days old. I hate buying expensive equipment and then have to deal with **** customer support.
I know its a pain in the rear...they should send out a new one. They might have you send both in which leaves you without a light.

This led me to switch lights completely, I kept 1 of the AI's for my small cube and sold the other 2 when they sent me NEW replacements. I took the opportunity to sell the new ones for full price so I didn't lose money.....I'm sorry you are dealing with this. If they do an exchange program perhaps a different light would be good so you don't have to have the thought of your lights being a different color on the same schedule.

Which ever you choose good luck and I hope this gets taken care of for you!

chrisjj625

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having the same issue now. I’ve had 2 replacements already and none of the lights were matching. This is an issue they aren’t addressing. Good luck!

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My one 26 Hydra HD had an issue of being green. I contacted AI and they set up an exchange under warranty. They shipped me the new one with a return label so when I got it I could send the bad one back.

Anthrax15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you running a custom preset someone else set up? I tried running a preset that was designed for older AI lights and one of my lights was a slightly different shade than the one next to it. Then used a preset that was designed for my lights (Hydra 32 HD's) and they are now the same color throughout the entire light schedule.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back