Any reefers in Vermont?

CrabbyMcCrabFace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently moved to Vermont. Have a 200 gal reef tank. Wondering if there's anyone in VT who is also into saltwater? I'm in Southern VT

Medical_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently moved to Vermont. Have a 200 gal reef tank. Wondering if there's anyone in VT who is also into saltwater? I'm in Southern VT
Currently living in white river junction, any chance you have some gsp? Wanting to throw some on the bare bottom of my nano! Any pics of the 200 gal?

Eric R.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Burlington, VT here! We seem to be few and far between

Welcome to the forum! Including you, there's at least 4 of us on here now in NW VT that I'm aware of, 3 in Chittenden county and 1 nearby in Franklin. Are you new to reefing or just new to the forum?

hobie61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Essex Center (Jct). Have a nano PM 25 going (trying) for about a year. Still growing and maturing it. Lots to go, but enjoy the challenge and various critters.

Enjoy!

vTango888

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum! Including you, there's at least 4 of us on here now in NW VT that I'm aware of, 3 in Chittenden county and 1 nearby in Franklin. Are you new to reefing or just new to the forum?
Kind of both. Had a tank 5-ish years ago, just started my second tank in the first week of January.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone going to the Frag Farmers Market in Storrs, CT 3/5? I have family in CT and will probably check it out
It looked really cool. I know years past a bunch from our old club went down. I'm tempted but am taking a vacation soon after and don't want to get anything until I'm back.

Eric R.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any Vermonters nearby to Jericho interested in splitting a captive bred tuxedo urchin order from Chad Vossen at Vossen Aquatics? It works out to about $20-30 per urchin, including shipping, depending on how many we get. Need at least 5 to make it worth while, I'm really only looking to buy 2.

@taulgrl, @hobie61, @dcal1985, @thepotoo ? I think you four are the closest.

Last edited:

hobie61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received a 2nd tuxedo from Pacific East Aquaculture. One is bigger than i really wanted but chomping thru my algae problem. Will see if continues to help. Much better than the snails, crabs, and my toothbrush. Thanks much for the source and offer.

taulgrl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any Vermonters nearby to Jericho interested in splitting a captive bred tuxedo urchin order from Chad Vossen at Vossen Aquatics? It works out to about $20-30 per urchin, including shipping, depending on how many we get. Need at least 5 to make it worth while, I'm really only looking to buy 2.

@taulgrl, @hobie61, @dcal1985, @thepotoo ? I think you four are the closest.
I would have for sure a few months ago but put a big tuxedo in from Pet Advantage and it has done almost too good of a job. They are a great addition

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back