Any reefers still in MS?

guidedbyechoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently live in WI, but my dad is trying to talk me into moving back. My dream is to start my own coral farm and I figure I might as well start working towards it now. I'm from the calhoun county area originally and there doesn't seem to be much going on there in the way of lfs or supply stores. How do you cope with that? I mean supplies and such. Do you drive a couple hours get your stock or do you have it shipped in?

Cleo642

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jackson Area but also down the coast alot too.
The closest you can get is slidell, I hear there is a really nice pet shop that sells saltwater fish, corals, and supplies called Delta Pets.
@Humblefish, do you know other shops around the new orleans area? Or maybe your area if your close to Mississippi?

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one stop sign in my town. Wouldn't have it any other way.
Wouldn't be from duck hill by chance lol my wife Mari moved to Mich from there sounds like common theme in ms lol. Speed limits 25 just so you don't miss the sheriff's office/library combo between the town bank and hardware store lol.

Cleo642

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't be from duck hill by chance lol my wife Mari moved to Mich from there sounds like common theme in ms lol. Speed limits 25 just so you don't miss the sheriff's office/library combo between the town bank and hardware store lol.
Hey! You makin' fun of my hometown mister?!? Lol.
For real, where I am from we don't have a Walmart. We are in the middle of two larger towns, so we can't get a Walmart. We were excited when pizza Hut came to town.

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We go down regularly her family is there and one of our sons n grandson live in tupelo. It's got a ton of history down there. Her step dad's family has the bell from the old civil war train wreck that happened there. I love hitting the parks and such learning more of the history of our country. Also who doesn't love the hospitality of the south.

Cleo642

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We go down regularly her family is there and one of our sons n grandson live in tupelo. It's got a ton of history down there. Her step dad's family has the bell from the old civil war train wreck that happened there. I love hitting the parks and such learning more of the history of our country. Also who doesn't love the hospitality of the south.
Ever been to Louisiana? Try some good food.
I don't think I would like to be cold where you live during the winters. Lol

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't yet but she has a few times and wants to take me when we're down that way again. I miss the small town I grew up in up here. It still doesn't have a sheriff every now and then a country patrol will pass thru. Now we're in bigger city to be closer to my mother who's handicapped after being hit by a drunk driver so we can help her quickly when needed. But I miss being able to leave doors unlocked and keys in the truck knowing it's all safe.

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mari was born in la California moved to duck hill at 13 and moved to Michigan at 26 and been here for 14 years now she loves the winters and snow. Even said today she can't wait for winter lol. We had Christmas in ms few years ago and she said never again. That it's not Christmas without snow now haha.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 43.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back