Any reefers still in MS?

Cleo642

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mari was born in la California moved to duck hill at 13 and moved to Michigan at 26 and been here for 14 years now she loves the winters and snow. Even said today she can't wait for winter lol. We had Christmas in ms few years ago and she said never again. That it's not Christmas without snow now haha.
I did on Christmas day here about five years ago, enough to have some accumulation on the ground. Like an inch or two.
But normally,I don't like when it gets cold or ices over. They shut the interstate and the bridges. When a few flakes touches the ground they close schools and government buildings. When I was young and in school I was happy about it. Lol

TDTA1181

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Starkville, we have a smaller pet store here, they carry basics & can order fish/inverts for ya. I usually got to Birmingham/Memphis/Jackson to get coral. Jackson Fish & Coral usually has the best selection all around the owners name is Greg. They have a fB page check them out.

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it totally changes when you grow up n have to deal with it lol. It causes major issues down there because people don't get enough of it to learn to slow down n drive in it. Then not having the equipment to clear and salt roads to keep them safe. I was in Oklahoma city for thanksgiving years ago and it got a dusting of snow it shut everything down.

Cleo642

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it totally changes when you grow up n have to deal with it lol. It causes major issues down there because people don't get enough of it to learn to slow down n drive in it. Then not having the equipment to clear and salt roads to keep them safe. I was in Oklahoma city for thanksgiving years ago and it got a dusting of snow it shut everything down.
Yep, some people who come from up north can't believe it.
We couldn't really live in a colder areas because sister couldn't take it. If it is below 75 degrees, she is freezing.

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, some people who come from up north can't believe it.
We couldn't really live in a colder areas because sister couldn't take it. If it is below 75 degrees, she is freezing.
That's why Florida and Arizona have so many older northern folks to escape the cold. Florida has so many retirees from here it's like Michigan's southern peninsula hahaha. ;)her family won't visit in winter but love summer here to escape some of the south's heat.

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah we wave the white flags when a snowflake falls. I live about 30 min from Tupelo. My town got pumped up when we got a dollar general. We still don't have a restaurant.
She has family near batesville also. The one draw back for me with ms is all the dang red clay stains everything lol. Mari has a daughter who passed buried in small cemetery that her grandma's house sits on a hill overlooking it in duck hill. So it's nice having her close to family to look after her grave in between our trips down. But you get a lot more land for the buck then here.

lewis.maryann08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah we wave the white flags when a snowflake falls. I live about 30 min from Tupelo. My town got pumped up when we got a dollar general. We still don't have a restaurant.
Im from Booneville ms where you from?
I know we sure dont have many places to buy
Corals or fish ...

mjt82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a store in hancock county on the coast
we need a pet shop here id be willing to work there if you started one here

There’s a shop in Biloxi called “Just Fish” - Not sure how close that is for you. I’ve never been, but I’ve heard good things.

Mgex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a really good store I love going to it they have a very very knowledgeable staff who know what they are doing id love to work there bc im a senior in high school and want to major in marine biology and specialize in corals but its not really good for me because i have to drive about an hour either way to get to a lfs in Biloxi or New Orleans an im pretty sure the next closest one is Hattiesburg and by that time

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back