Any reefing plans for the weekend?

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody have any reefing plans for the upcoming weekend?

How many of you guys do weekly water changes? I do a 10% water change every Sunday afternoon kind of has become a ritual. I think with my new tank setting up I will be only doing monthly water changes with the amount of water volume I will have. I picked up some nice shelf dry rock on the way home from work the other day, started curing it for the new tank today! Also purchased a beautiful purple tang picking up tomorrow and am placing in 300 gallon stock Rubbermaid tank until new tank is setup. How about you guys any aquarium related activities this weekend?

82B26BEF-AEB3-4B73-A549-664175A19BFE.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My tanks are starting to generate algae on glass more frequently. Glass cleaning Tonite and tomorrow installing a large aquamaxx skimmer and New Typhoon series 2 5 stage RO system.

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tanks are starting to generate algae on glass more frequently. Glass cleaning Tonite and tomorrow installing a large aquamaxx skimmer and New Typhoon series 2 5 stage RO system.
Nice! I just purchased a 6 stage 150 gpd unit for my new build still in box. I was looking for a skimmer for the new tank I will have to check those out!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Nice! I just purchased a 6 stage 150 gpd unit for my new build still in box. I was looking for a skimmer for the new tank I will have to check those out!
I can tell you right now, I am clueless in hooking up these lines to the new RO unit. Someone did my current one which I just listed, and he has moved. I may match the line hookup from the current hookup

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can tell you right now, I am clueless in hooking up these lines to the new RO unit. Someone did my current one which I just listed, and he has moved. I may match the line hookup from the current hookup
[/QUOTE
If you need any help shoot me a message!

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you need any help shoot me a message!

littlebeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank finally finished the nitrogen cycle, nitrite at zero! I moved my clown fish over. He's so confused the tank is so big that he pretty much stays in a 2 ft area. This weekend I may get another fish and start the qt process. I used to do hypo, but I'm going to try the tank transfer method.

That's my plan, but i have like 10 more lbs of grapes to pick and process so we'll see how that goes.

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vette & WIReefer check my new post about RODI in equipment forum would love you guys input

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing more homework, was hoping I could us my new Orapaxi meter to test my well water but didn’t get over to Culligan in Monroe in time to pick up some DI water to calibrate it with. WIReefer...where did you pick up the rock at, cheaper than online? And you cure it before you build your aquascape?

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank finally finished the nitrogen cycle, nitrite at zero! I moved my clown fish over. He's so confused the tank is so big that he pretty much stays in a 2 ft area. This weekend I may get another fish and start the qt process. I used to do hypo, but I'm going to try the tank transfer method.

That's my plan, but i have like 10 more lbs of grapes to pick and process so we'll see how that goes.
Sounds like you have a busy weekend planned...good luck.

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing more homework, was hoping I could us my new Orapaxi meter to test my well water but didn’t get over to Culligan in Monroe in time to pick up some DI water to calibrate it with. WIReefer...where did you pick up the rock at, cheaper than online? And you cure it before you build your aquascape?
Got it at the lfs in town, Yeah just kinda starting a mini cycle before it gets in my new tank lets it grow some beneficial bacteria dry rock is a pain so I try to get a head start. This is all the rock needed for new tank I have a ton for old live rock. Once placed in tank with existing live rock should speed up the process by curing it.

littlebeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I got none of this done lol!

I did get a new toy! Got a digital refractometer. The hand helds I find are hard to use with glasses.

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got none of this done lol!

I did get a new toy! Got a digital refractometer. The hand helds I find are hard to use with glasses.
What kind did you get? Love my Milwaukee

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a Milwaukee too. I am loving it. Going to need a new battery shortly as I measure everything just because I can!
Had mine around a year and use it almost daily and it’s still going! Was a great purchase!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back