Any safe way to get rid of aiptasia?

david_ma

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 83.3%
5   1   0
So I have a rock flower anemone breeding system going on and somehow discovered a couple of aiptasia. Every time I get rid of one, another shows up. Is there any safe way to get rid of them without harming the flower anemones? No, I cannot add peppermint shrimp or butterfly fish. Remember, anything that eats aiptasia will likely eat rock flower nems as well. Aiptasia x doesn’t seem to do it, they always come back more. I’ve heard of green laser beam? Does that work? Any tricks anyone? Much appreciated [emoji1431]

OP
OP
david_ma

david_ma

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 83.3%
5   1   0
Aptasia x and lemon juice

Yea that didn’t work too well for me, they seem to come back 10x more when I used that(many babies). I ended moving them all to a clean tank, carefully making sure there’s no aiptasia.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I have a rock flower anemone breeding system going on and somehow discovered a couple of aiptasia. Every time I get rid of one, another shows up. Is there any safe way to get rid of them without harming the flower anemones? No, I cannot add peppermint shrimp or butterfly fish. Remember, anything that eats aiptasia will likely eat rock flower nems as well. Aiptasia x doesn’t seem to do it, they always come back more. I’ve heard of green laser beam? Does that work? Any tricks anyone? Much appreciated [emoji1431]

You may want to try @Frank's Tanks F-Aiptasia. Here is a link to a R2R thread introducing and discussing the product. Good luck!

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
File fish might be worth a try although you can read they are 50/50 in terms of being reef safe. I got mine from ORA and have not seen them bother anything in over a year except me when I have my hand in the tank - feels like a pinch, ha ha.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to try @Frank's Tanks F-Aiptasia. Here is a link to a R2R thread introducing and discussing the product. Good luck!

+1 for F Aiptasia!

Aiptasia X multiplied my population so fast that I ended up buying nudibranchs to eradicate them.

Now, months later, I saw 1 and tried F Aiptasia.

Easy to use and flat out works.

Last edited:

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bergia Nudi’s.... pretty sure all they eat are Aiptasia.....

Frank's Tanks

1 of 3 F-Aiptasia Creators
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for F Aiptasia!

Aiptasia X multiplied my population so fast that I ended up buying nudibranchs to eradicate them.

Now, months later, I saw 1 and tried F Aiptasia.

Easy to use and flat out works.

Having problems with Aiptasia? Please give my product, F-Aiptasia a try! I know that you’ll love it!!!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back