Any schematics for setting up BRS 7 stage w/ drinking water?

ilyad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I have a 7 Stage RODI unit with drinking water add on that I will be setting up shortly. I also purchased the the booster pump/auto flush add ons. I was wondering if anyone had any schematics that show exactly what sequence all the parts go in? This is my first RODI system, so it’s a learning curve.

From what I gather so far, I found this: connect source water to booster pump, from booster pump to RO unit. After RO unit, split into DI and drinking line. Drinking line goes into pressurized tank. DI line goes into RODI reservoir (jug).

some questions I have:

1. I read about adding check valves into drinking line, where do those go exactly?

2. I believe to connect the water line, you need to put a T between the faucet and pressure tank, do any check valves need to be placed around the T?

3. If I also want to run the drinking water to my fridge, so I have both filtered water from the fridge and faucet, do I connect the fridge RO line to the pressure tank as well? Or can it go directly out of the RO line?

4. I read that if you use a drinking water line, you may not need to have the auto flush valve since the filter will turn on frequently to top off the pressure tank, substantially decreasing the of TDS creep. Or should I still add one? If I do add it, wher

5. Currently RODI canister will be stopped using a float valve. I eventually intend to add the Tunze sensors as well, where would that solenoid be added in all these lines?

6. In addition to the float, can I add a manual shutoff for the RODI? I plan to make RODI once a week so once made, I figured it would be a good idea to manually shut it off as well, in case the float fails.

Thank you in advance!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I have a 7 Stage RODI unit with drinking water add on that I will be setting up shortly. I also purchased the the booster pump/auto flush add ons. I was wondering if anyone had any schematics that show exactly what sequence all the parts go in? This is my first RODI system, so it’s a learning curve.

From what I gather so far, I found this: connect source water to booster pump, from booster pump to RO unit. After RO unit, split into DI and drinking line. Drinking line goes into pressurized tank. DI line goes into RODI reservoir (jug).

some questions I have:

1. I read about adding check valves into drinking line, where do those go exactly?

2. I believe to connect the water line, you need to put a T between the faucet and pressure tank, do any check valves need to be placed around the T?

3. If I also want to run the drinking water to my fridge, so I have both filtered water from the fridge and faucet, do I connect the fridge RO line to the pressure tank as well? Or can it go directly out of the RO line?

4. I read that if you use a drinking water line, you may not need to have the auto flush valve since the filter will turn on frequently to top off the pressure tank, substantially decreasing the of TDS creep. Or should I still add one? If I do add it, wher

5. Currently RODI canister will be stopped using a float valve. I eventually intend to add the Tunze sensors as well, where would that solenoid be added in all these lines?

6. In addition to the float, can I add a manual shutoff for the RODI? I plan to make RODI once a week so once made, I figured it would be a good idea to manually shut it off as well, in case the float fails.

Thank you in advance!
Nothing to add, it seems like you have it under control.
If you have a phone with an alarm I would encourage you to set an alarm ( or two) to check your rodi filling process along the way. Some people put that canister in the sink or the bathtub, all as a back up for the potential flooding that will happen more frequently than anyone you know will win the lottery.
Mine is in the garage, but our kitchen faucet and Ice maker supply is RO only and under the sink. The booster pump recently popped a line free from the quick connection due to water hammer over time. I didn’t replace it.
HTH

OP
OP
ilyad

ilyad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also building this into a SW mixing station so the RODI and SW bins along with the rodi filter will be in the garage. I do plan to keep the pressure tank for the drinking water under the sink since in so cal garages get pretty toasty and I don’t want hot hot water coming out the drinking faucet when I want some.

I do intend to use a timer as well when I make water. So eventually, I will have the float, tunze, and alarms to avoid flooding.

I also have the profilux controller so I maaaay eventually set up an auto water change system and install a leak detector.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back