Any sources for Chloroquine Phosphate?

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know of where I can source Chloroquine Phosphate?
Seems like the supply is depleted due to the rumors of this treating Covid19.

TIA.

Thomashtom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe its Diamondback pharmaceutical? But you need a script from a vet.

Randyp79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a little extra. LOL

20200320_121404.jpg

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd also like to know. I'm about to transfer my two clowns, YWG, tailspot blenny to my reefer 350 and was thinking about qt first since they never were. @HotRocks @4FordFamily @Humblefish thanks in advance for advice. Love this site!
I mean if you are asking me if you should QT them I don’t know exactly how to answer. I always QT all my livestock.

How long have you had the fish? Have you ever noticed any disease related issues with any of the fish in their current tank? The list of fish, they are all parasite resistant IME. That doesn’t mean they aren’t carrying something within their gills and just don’t show symptoms. What kind of new additions will you have?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doubt there is any CP out there for sale at this point.
If there is I would be reluctant to purchase it as who knows what it actually is...

Fishman has obviously pulled stock off the shelves. It’s pharmaceutical grade so they very well be shipping it to Bayer or whomever at this point.

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not noticed anything on the fish in the tank except my female clown in the last week or so is showing some type of clouding or spots on the right eye. I've had all current fish for 3+ years and 2 tank moves, one move was over 8 hours tank to tank.

My future stock would be a wrasse, preferably a Tanaka possum, algae blenny ( maybe starry?) , Hawkfish maybe, and a yellow tang or not. There's been a yellow tang at my Petco for 6+ months that's pretty fat I'd like to grab.

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean if you are asking me if you should QT them I don’t know exactly how to answer. I always QT all my livestock.

How long have you had the fish? Have you ever noticed any disease related issues with any of the fish in their current tank? The list of fish, they are all parasite resistant IME. That doesn’t mean they aren’t carrying something within their gills and just don’t show symptoms. What kind of new additions will you have?
I wasn't asking the dreaded qt or not question, just stating I had not qt'd previously. Just trying to look after my family the best I can. Just thinking of all the talk and as many fish that have been through my nano that it's there. I've never had a fish show symptoms of anything besides the possum wrasse stated and my current clown

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, idiots buying "not fit for human consumption" stuff to try and ward off the virus.. when the chances of getting it are VERY low.
I'm not really worried about me. I already practice social distancing. I want what is best for my fish, hence asking about qt when upgrading tanks. I've had these 4 fish since the first 6 months of the tank. I miss my possum wrasse, hawkfish, filefish, and war paint goby that I've had. And want to do better by thrm

OP
OP
pecan2phat

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, certainly could be. Having CP in your fish med arsenal is not that common.

Ross Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump on this thread here... anyone using Marex (CP and pyrimethamine) from AAP (American Aquarium Pharmaceuticals) and can comment on its efficacy? My clowns and hawk fish seem to not be eating much / if at all since dosing it 2 days ago.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back