Any suggestions for an inlet guard for an Evo 13.5 - I have a broken clownfish

Loring

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Evo 13.5 with an upgraded sicce 1.0 pump and the 1st chamber media basket. I also own a pair of picasso clownfish of which the female likes to let the flow hold her against the inlets as pictured with her tail poking through. I would be concerned but she has been doing this for 3 or so months now, eats fine take the male for walks around the tank from time to time acts normal except for this. I noticed today it looks like maybe she did it for too long and there is now a little bump near her tail which I assume is from the suction. Needless to say I would like this behavior to end so I'm wondering if anyone has had any good luck with some sort of guard or screen or something that would maybe help discourage this before it becomes a real problem.

thank you in advance for any tips.

20220507_211151.jpg

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d say put a thin piece of foam but you would have to squeeze and clean it out Daily or more . Maybe see if someone could laser print u a weir to extend further away from the intake .

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reef comes with a plastic piece used to adjust the water level, you can set it high enough to avoid fish going in.

D-Flow also makes an inlet guard easily found online

Back