Any tips for creating more space for SPS?

PugsAndFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have more acro frags on my rack than on my rockwork because there is no room. Do you have tips for adding more placement space towards the top of the scape besides rearranging the whole thing?

Max!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frag some of the guys taking up room and send the frags to me ;). Not sure how your tank is arranged pictures may help us. You could arrange rock work to go deeper toward the back of the aquarium to create more real estate that's just as far from the light as the rest of the rockwork?

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A pic would be helpful. Does your rockwork slant up from the base, or is it vertical on the sides. Slanting it up gives you more space.

Here is one of my rock piles that shows how I slanted it up and am able to place coral from top to bottom.

01e09d33fe889d863c314e6d3fb48b5c.jpg

Max!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A pic would be helpful. Does your rockwork slant up from the base, or is it vertical on the sides. Slanting it up gives you more space.

Here is one of my rock piles that shows how I slanted it up and am able to place coral from top to bottom.

This is genius!

Zuma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Beautiful scape, how is that trigger with the corals?

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful scape, how is that trigger with the corals?

Thanks. I’ve had some really vertical scapes in the past, and it really only leaves the very top for coral placement. Once those corals get big....it gets even worse. I’ve found the slant both front to back and end to end gives a lot more options.

Triggers don’t touch the coral, but they can be aggressive to newly introduced fish.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back