Any tips on getting my Red Planet to turn red?

OceanMinded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has gone through many swings and changes over the last year. With it being mostly a zoa tank it’s been a little challenging catering to the few SPS I have in there. With that being said, I got a small 1” frag of Red Planet back in March. When I got it it had the green base with red tips. Since then it has barely grown (expected because of how unstable the tank was) and it lost any red. As of now everything in my tank seems very happy. The Red Planet has grown a little and has decent polyp extension, I just can’t seem to get the red to come back. It’s fully green. I dose All of Reef and AB+ sparingly. I suppose I should do some testing today.

kinda just curious what acros like and what brings out their color potential. Thanks!

Bribo12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like stated above higher par= more red. Mine is a reddish pink except for some shaded parts on the base. It was almost fully green when I got it. Red planet is one of those acros that will base out for a long time before it grows outwards. Fast grower though ime once happy

OP
OP
OceanMinded

OceanMinded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More light. Red planet is green in lower light.
Makes sense. I had one back in 2010 that exploded in a 20g under a 150mh. Bright red with green base.

lighting situation is hard in a 20cube full of zoa’s. I have a a360x that I turned down to 65% because it was cooking the Zoa/paly’s. The Red Planet is at the highest peak of the aquascape, maybe I will turn the intensity up slowly

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.6%
Back