Any way to save things from CoralRX dip?

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious. I have been using CoralRX to dip corals and it works amazingly well. The last time I used it, on 4 frags, I killed so many pods, which made me sad. Not a big deal of course, but, if I ever dip and there's something really cool that I want to save, is there a way to do it, or is it too late by the time I see it?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious. I have been using CoralRX to dip corals and it works amazingly well. The last time I used it, on 4 frags, I killed so many pods, which made me sad. Not a big deal of course, but, if I ever dip and there's something really cool that I want to save, is there a way to do it, or is it too late by the time I see it?

Ive grabbed brittle starts and popped them into clean water. I think they survived, unless they died much later.

OP
OP
hllb

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say, the stuff works really well. I dipped an open brain that wasn't attached to anything, and off came a worm, instantly. Pretty impressed that it'll get most of the bad hitchhikers!

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a bowl of tank water and swish the frag in there. Pick off what's bad in the bowl and add it to your tank.
Note: this then bypasses dip and could lead to some unwanted baddies.
But that's the only real way I could think to save anything on the frag besides manual removal if it's big enough like a brittle star.

Back