Anybody else having PMUP v2 problems?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have 4 PMP V2's and I can't get one of them to work, either by the power unit or the 24 v adaptor. I had already sent one back. That makes 5 pumps that worked for a while and then went bad.
Make sure the orange outlet tube is not pushed all the way down into the hole which will sieze the impeller. I have though had two pumps go out on me

huskyboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine pump v2 just failed last week. It was part of ATK kit and lasted about 8 months sitting in 5 gallons RODI container right next to a sump. Never run dry as I have optical sensor in that container to turn off ATK if water level is low.
My old Tunze pump was still working fine after 5 years of regularly running dry before getting replaced with Neptune ATK kit. Neptune sent replacement pump but I think there is a problem with water ingress around the cable in pump body. Might try extra silicone that area to see if this helps on replacement pump.

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think there are more PMUPs in the land fill then in operation.

I had three die then switched to Tunze and never had an issue.

pelicansreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Neptune ATO's on 2 separate tanks with V2 pumps. One is 9 months old and never had any issues with it. The other is 6 months old. I had to replace the PMUP on it after about 5 months. Neptune was very good about sending a replacement. I have seen several posts about issues with the V2 PMUP, so I keep an extra one around just in case I have a problem. When the second ATO system PMUP went out I used the extra and when I got the replacement It went on the shelf.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back