Anybody have a good lighting schedule for kessil a360x???

MightyMO

"The Algae made me do it!!!"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a proven results lighting schedule w/ photo period for a kessil 360x tuna blue light. Have a mixed reef with some sps...

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody can help this person out? Really?

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry, I've been busy with other things. Here's my schedule, but mine is for sps dominant. I use a 12hr cycle with a 6 to 8hr peak (you can adjust to your liking).
Time>Color>Intensity>Violet (no red or green for me)
7:55 > 0 > 0 > 0
10:15 > 30 > 85 > 100
14:00 > 30 > 90 > 100
17:45 > 30 > 85 > 100
20:05 > 0 > 0 > 0
I've essentially used this schedule for the past five years or more. The only thing I've changed is the peak duration, 6hrs to almost 8hrs. I use the midday point to increase intensity in smaller increments. After adjusting the midday for a couple of weeks, I'll increase the start and end ramp intensity to the same. Right now I'm in the middle of adjusting things, so the peak duration is increasing, so is the overall intensity. I prefer color between 20 to 40, so I stopped in the middle. 30% color is roughly 16k to my eyes (and my Seneye). I keep things simple, so I don't like to mess with lighting that much, as it's another parameter that needs to stay stable for success.
My advice, adjust color to your liking and set intensity based on the corals you're keeping (a par meter is super handy for this). Don't change settings with the expectation that you'll see results right away, it takes time, so make an adjustment and wait a couple weeks (if not more?) before you change something.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry, I've been busy with other things. Here's my schedule, but mine is for sps dominant. I use a 12hr cycle with a 6 to 8hr peak (you can adjust to your liking).
I've essentially used this schedule for the past five years or more. The only thing I've changed is the peak duration, 6hrs to almost 8hrs. I use the midday point to increase intensity in smaller increments. After adjusting the midday for a couple of weeks, I'll increase the start and end ramp intensity to the same. Right now I'm in the middle of adjusting things, so the peak duration is increasing, so is the overall intensity. I prefer color between 20 to 40, so I stopped in the middle. 30% color is roughly 16k to my eyes (and my Seneye). I keep things simple, so I don't like to mess with lighting that much, as it's another parameter that needs to stay stable for success.
My advice, adjust color to your liking and set intensity based on the corals you're keeping (a par meter is super handy for this). Don't change settings with the expectation that you'll see results right away, it takes time, so make an adjustment and wait a couple weeks (if not more?) before you change something.
Sorry, I just realized I answered your other thread. Nevermind. :rolleyes::p

U

User1

View Badges
Here is a thread started by another member. I run a version of it over my 210 gallon 54" x 30" x 30". It is tall so running 4 over them with a custom DIY multi channel array that I started with.

Basically all you really need to know about the Kessil a360x light is that it will grow coral regardless of what you set the color spectrum and intensity to. It is how the light works based on their Kessil Logic. So in a nutshell you set it to what pleases your eye visually. Below are some links you may find useful.

Grab a cup of coffee, tea, or other beverage of choice and enjoy.

Here for what some are using:

BRS video (original):

BRS updated video:

BRS updated again - lens:

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have the right idea simple is best, i copied your schedule a while ago on another thread and it has been great. I ended up putting the ramp down at 0 color to enjoy the corals a bit more.

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be running minus9 schedule starting this weekend... I'm already seeing results from switching to this light...
I have 4 on my 4ft tank and i love it, the spread is crazy good even for sps.

OP
OP
MightyMO

MightyMO

"The Algae made me do it!!!"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will be adding a 2nd one in the near future... And slowly buying 2 more after that so I can get the lighting I want for my tank upgrade when I get to that point. I'm looking at 180gal to 240 gal upgrade when I pull the trigger, so need 3-4 pucks and going to put them in a hybrid t5 fixture... Think that will be good spread for an lps dominated big tank...

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back