Anybody have corals not look good for a while for a while then mysteriously turn around and not know why?

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 2 months ago I started noticing all of my sps corals were not looking good. I mean all, even my meter shower was staying mostly closed up, and my 2 digi's started loosing their color, my lemonade anacropora almost died, and my pink birds nest did die. My elegance also was not looking good. I checked all of my levels multiple times. Nothing seemed off. Out of desperation I ordered an icp test. But by time I got the test I started noticing improvement so I never did the icp. And the corals now are back to their former glory. Thing is I never could figure out why they took a bad turn, or why all is good now. Was wondering if others have had this kind of an event.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a weird die off once. I decided it was the water.
I have rain water collection for my house. It goes thru filters and a UV so we can drink it.
I also have a RODI unit for the tank. In the spring of the die off year we collected water while the oak trees were dropping pollen. It made our water sort of a light brownish color. The RODI unit cleared up the discoloration for the tank water but I had the weird die off. The next year I did not collect water while the trees were dropping pollen and I had no die off. Its just a guess/observation on my part

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back