Anybody have experience with glitterbomb goniopora? I have a chance t buy one!

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some advice on glitterbomb gonio. I won the bid on a tiny frag recently and I just cant decide whether to follow through. The seller said he has people in line waiting it so no problem If I dont! I received 5 frags from same person last week and one purple octospawn died for no apparent reason. I live in florida and he had heat packs in with them coming from cali so maybe thats why! I told him what happened so he is offering to send a new octo but truthfully wish he would just credit the price toward this...LOL

I am just unsure if I should go through with it or not being goni's can be very difficult and the fact one of his corals died. Besides this frag is so tiny and has a orange eye but dosnt seem to stop the high bidding people pay for them! One other reason is I just bought so many corals and my tanks are going to be packed until my new 100 gallon is ready! I spent a lot of money on high end stuff already mostly shrooms, zoas and blastos. I am not sure if its worth the risk especially being a wild piece and so many other easier high end corals coming in! I am not sure how long its been in captivity but he offered one other about a month ago, he says he hopes to get more soon but unsure! If I knew for sure I would wait!

The total with shipping is 300 plus he would send orange tipped octo> I already dont know where I am going to put all the stuff I have coming in but just couldnt resist! I bid a while back when he had it before I won all these other bids. I am a total junkie...lol

Can anyone tell me experiences with them. Growth rate what kind of parameters, flow lightening they like? Do you direct feed or broadcast over them? I have about 6 gonis and 2 tanks and one isnt extending at all since I received it weeks ago. One is doing great and the others never fully extend. I have a busy type one that I have had for over a year but I read the bushy type are
much easier.

Appreciate any advice. What would you do??? LOL

s-l1600 (2).jpg

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be very hesitant to put a wild frag in my tank especially if my tank is new at that price. Its one thing if its aquacultured or been tanked for a while. I dont have experience with glitter bomb gonis, so I will let other people chime in

Back