Anybody out in Hawaii??

VincesReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been on the island for 4 years now and have met a few people that have some pretty sweet little reefs out here. Was looking to maybe to have a little meet up, get to know the faces and what not. Despite living surround by the ocean reefing can be pretty difficult out here.

Anyways shoot me a PM if your local in hawaii.

-Vince

Pelagic One

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howzit!

I’ll be on Oahu for business this coming week (May 14-18). Not sure strangers would welcome a fellow Reefer to see their tank(s), but are there any LFS’s worth visiting on the island?

Pelagic One

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup...this is the same reaction I got from Uber drivers when I asked them for a “tropical fish store.” I guess the only way to see local fish is to go snorkeling at Hanauma Bay or Sharks Cove (during the summer only). :)

ImGoingCoastal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just moved off Oahu (couldn't have a tank due to long deployments) but I never saw any fish stores. I was stationed on Guam before that, same concept. There was someone living in my building with a reef tank (never saw it, but it was professionally maintained). Probably, the rich doctor that stayed there.

My thought was that any store that sells Marine fish would probably have to deal with excessive scrutiny to ensure that their fish aren't collected illegally, locally. Though diving was awesome as it was pretty cool seeing tangs, firefish, clowns, etc in their natural habitat.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back