Anyone active here near Winchester?

OA3B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still hanging in here roughly 18 months...three tanks (10,20,&90) undecided about another setup at the moment. I’m really under educated about this world of saltiness. I’m willing to continue to be patient and learn from my mistakes and open to ideas. So I am definitely with meeting, picking and learning. By picking, I mean picking y’all minds.
Happy reefing until then...

Colin_1122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in Leesburg, so a little bit away. Just starting my first saltwater tank

Terr-c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still hanging in here roughly 18 months...three tanks (10,20,&90) undecided about another setup at the moment. I’m really under educated about this world of saltiness. I’m willing to continue to be patient and learn from my mistakes and open to ideas. So I am definitely with meeting, picking and learning. By picking, I mean picking y’all minds.
Happy reefing until then...

OA3B I think you can NEVER learn enough, that's why I'd love to meet up with other reefers to "pick" their brains!! :D

Terr-c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in Leesburg, so a little bit away. Just starting my first saltwater tank
Congrats on your first tank!! This is definitely the best place to be for questions and help. I haven't been here long but, EVERYONE is so helpful!!

Terr-c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work up at Mount Weather VA, so 30 minutes or so outside of Winchester. So not a local reefer per say, but I spend enough time up here I feel I might as well be ha ha. I live way down in Stafford. Lowefx always great seeing your tank. I am wildcrazyjoker81 on WAMAS as well. Hello all.

wildcrazyjoker81 Mount Weather is about 20-25 minutes from me. Not that far

wildcrazyjoker81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you work here wildcrazyjoker81, we can always plan a Friday night after work?
wildcrazyjoker81 Mount Weather is about 20-25 minutes from me. Not that far

I get off work at 3pm each day typically, so maybe something can be setup at some point. It is nice to pick a few peoples brains and to see different setups to give ideas. I know you have a few people that way that have stunning setups.

Terr-c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get off work at 3pm each day typically, so maybe something can be setup at some point. It is nice to pick a few peoples brains and to see different setups to give ideas. I know you have a few people that way that have stunning setups.
wildcrazyjoker81, exactly picking brains is good thing!!! :D When this stay at home order is lifted, we'll figure out a mutual meeting place for everyone.

ddwbeagles

Northern VA Novice Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stephens City here which neighbors Winchester. Mostly a clownfish guy but have been in the hobby for decades and have several tanks up ATM.

Terr-c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stephens City here which neighbors Winchester. Mostly a clownfish guy but have been in the hobby for decades and have several tanks up ATM.

Hi ddwbeagles, Stephen City isn't that far from me. Do you raise clowns? Or just enjoy them?

ddwbeagles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both but at the hobbyist level. Here is the most recent addition from Thursday evening.

Attachments

• 20200402_181731.mp4
    52.6 MB

ddwbeagles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The above batch should be hatching tomorrow night. Tank is at 78° so I may be pulling the pot a day early but sure beats staying up late trying to collect fry out of the display. Clowns are so much fun. You'll enjoy watching yours grow.

hawkbait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Searching for more reefers.
b07c90f09731e79c7a0c1182e675a27d.jpg
I'm in Charles Town WV but work in Winchester. Just started my first tank RSR 425 XL

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 39 59.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back