Anyone auto feed liquid food without refrigeration?

1Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If so what food and how often per day?

I saw a video on YouTube where a guy auto feeds Nyos Goldpods (without refrigeration) in to his tank with it exiting in to the return chamber of his sump and thought that's a brilliant idea especially if I were to keep Anthias in the future, thoughts?

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have NLS pellets in an autofeeder and have a bag of EasyReef EasySPS on a dosing pump.

Uncle Bob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if the gold pods could be used to auto feed a copper banded butterfly while on vacation for a week?

OP
OP

1Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if the gold pods could be used to auto feed a copper banded butterfly while on vacation for a week?

Thinking of doing the same but making it a permanent thing. My yellow tang and juvenille emperor eat them, everyone else leaves them. The blue tang would take on about 20 and then spit them all out unfortunately.

Evieeeeee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen people use truck coolers with a modified/drilled top that they pull food out of and back into the bottle using a reversible dosing pump like the GHL/Apex ones. Personally I was planning on dosing brightwell phyto & microvore (which don't need refrigeration) to the tank with the magnetic stirrer attachment so I don't have to worry about shaking the bottle either. Maybe you could look to see if they have any other liquid foods that are more suitable for a tang/emperor and do the same?

Lerequin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, I've been feeding the anthias with FirstBite copepods (no fridge).
When I was feeding manually, they were crazy for it.
I started to dose 1mL 4 times a day and thought I won the ticket to holidays.
After 2 days they stopped taking the dead pods :(
I wonder if it is because I left the bag open without cap and it oxydised? Or the pvc tube gives a bad taste?
If you have success with making liquid foods, please share your setup and food type.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 54 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.0%
Back