Anyone else feel guilty about ripping out all the montiporas in their aquarium?

EmptyWallet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much is shipping from Colorado to Australia (overnight)?

Probably a heck lot more than what the coral is worth!

Postage at the donators cost, can you really put a price on removing your guilt (lol).

I see a future where we can cryogenically freeze corals for transport and just thaw them out when convenient.

It is interesting to see the difference between Aus and US. In Aus Monti's are relatively rare and expensive, but acro's and euphyllia etc. are common and cheap. Today I saw a gold tip elegance coral for $30AUD / $20USD that Jake on Reef Builders was blown away with. Then I scroll through the prices/ad's on this website and can't believe the asking price of most of that stuff.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
C
Vetteguy...What the heck? Can you get anymore lucky? I’ve managed to find one guy who I believe sells corals and he won’t even talk to me!
Check punisher Corals. Great quality and they ship

Deaf clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Certain colonies just look better in bigger aquariums. I think Pavonas, Closed Brains, and of course the titular montipora fit in that category. If you have a 3x3 space in your aquarium devoted just for that, I think you have something. If you're like me and only have a 3x2x2 aquarium in total... it's just kind of a waste.

JM2C
I completely agree. I had them in a 75 gallon-I was wanting to downsize anyways. The reefer I gave them to had a 125 fowlr for awhile and wanted to dab into some corals.

truetricia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please feel free to send me all of your encrusting montiporas! I'll happily pay shipping and relieve you of your guilt! I love montiporas, and I'm looking for a good mix of encrustings to cover the bottom of my BB tank. I also am going for simple SPS that are hardy as I travel quite a bit.

Seriously.... I'm here to receive your guilt!

OP
OP
Skibum

Skibum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably a heck lot more than what the coral is worth!

Postage at the donators cost, can you really put a price on removing your guilt (lol).

I see a future where we can cryogenically freeze corals for transport and just thaw them out when convenient.

It is interesting to see the difference between Aus and US. In Aus Monti's are relatively rare and expensive, but acro's and euphyllia etc. are common and cheap. Today I saw a gold tip elegance coral for $30AUD / $20USD that Jake on Reef Builders was blown away with. Then I scroll through the prices/ad's on this website and can't believe the asking price of most of that stuff.
Please feel free to send me all of your encrusting montiporas! I'll happily pay shipping and relieve you of your guilt! I love montiporas, and I'm looking for a good mix of encrustings to cover the bottom of my BB tank. I also am going for simple SPS that are hardy as I travel quite a bit.

Seriously.... I'm here to receive your guilt!

If you ever travel to the mountains just west of Colorado, PM me and I'll hook you up. ;-)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back