Anyone else have farting clowns?

jeffchapok

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this. On several occasions I've seen bubbles emerge from my clowns' anuses. They don't typically gulp at the surface, so I don't know what else it could be. It seems natural that bacteria in their gut could cause fermentation just as it does in other animals.

I mostly feed frozen mysis with the occasional of a butterfly mix, and live brine shrimp from time to time. Oh, and Wolf Brand chili on Sundays....

I have two large dogs and a 13 y/o son, so I'm becoming quite an expert on the subject. But I never expected to see fish do it.

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
iu

AllSignsPointToFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, when I read the title of this post I almost spit my coffee all over my monitor.

I never notice my clowns farting haha.
At first glance, farting clowns meant something entirely different to me. LOL

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never seen it in my clowns, but my yellow eye kole.... I've seen bubbles come out if it's butt a time or two. It's a garbage can and will eat everything and anything it can wrap it's lips around. Doesn't surprise me it has gas. lol

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a Blue Damsel pass gas in an aquarium I had back in the 60's. It was racing around the tank and suddenly stopped while spreading every fin to the point where I thought they would rip. A small bubble popped out, and the fish relaxed and went back to normal behavior.

AllSignsPointToFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a Blue Damsel pass gas in an aquarium I had back in the 60's. It was racing around the tank and suddenly stopped while spreading every fin to the point where I thought they would rip. A small bubble popped out, and the fish relaxed and went back to normal behavior.
I absolutely know the feeling!

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never seen my clowns fart, but we had a Longhorn Cowfish for a couple of years that would fart all the time. She looked like a jet-powered yellow submarine crossing the tank with bubbles trailing behind her. lol

We miss her, but she's doing great at the Birch Aquarium with her own 1,200 gallon tank. :)

Back